Chapter 15 - everything comes to an end

Lilith’s death, Zelda thought, was all her fault. She had denied herself to be loved and ineluctably, she had denied herself to love. Not only had she brought herself but Lilith into an insufferable situation. And now, now she had to live with the consequences. Like she has always had. Zelda Spellman has never been one to blame her mistakes on others. She always took responsibility. Though little had she known that one day, those consequences would be so excruciating. That they would come at such a large extend. Zelda would’ve never thought that Lilith would die for her. But she did, and now there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. She had died so that Zelda could live, even though that wasn’t what the witch wanted. But all she could do was live, for Lilith. Maybe she did want to put herself out of the equation. Maybe she didn’t want to live a life without the brunette, whom she couldn’t stand in the beginning. And maybe, just maybe she just came to fully realize what she had lost. What that person had meant to hear. Still meant to her. All those signs she hadn’t noticed. Hadn’t wanted to notice. All those times Lilith had shown her that she cared. All those times Zelda had shown nothing. Nothing but coldness towards the demoness. She had never let her in, not once. She never had an ounce of kindness for her. And why not? Why not, when the truth was that she loved her so much. Too much to bear, even. Too much to tolerate. She hadn’t wanted to be weak, she had never wanted to be weak. And Lilith, Lilith had been her weakness, but maybe she could’ve also been her strength. Maybe a lover could’ve been an ally, too. She didn’t know. And she’d never find out. She didn’t want to find out. But Zelda had to live. She couldn’t let Lilith’s death be in vain. She wanted to cry. And scream. And die. But she couldn’t. She hadn’t been able to swallow her pride, but now she would have to be able to swallow the pain. The grief. The agony. For her almost eternal life. Her life without Lilith. A life filled with Scotch and cigarettes and endless days, but not her.

~ They both paid a price for their love. They say apparently love is the greatest, most powerful magic of all. And all magic comes at a price. ~

Author's note: (pls read xx)

Hello guys 🥺🌹❤

Sooo... this is it. I am sorry that I ended it like this (actually, no I'm not hehe). This was one hell of a ride pfweeew... I wanna thank you all for sticking with me and this story for so long! 🌻✨ I wanted to quickly talk about this story in general... it's unlikely that it would ever happen like that. Srsly, denying their feelings for so long? How old are they, 15? Also, the commas... I don't know how or when to put commas, heh. Like... at all. *Apologises* Anyway, I guess that was one of my main mistakes. Despite the mistakes, the trouble and the sadness, I do really love this fanfic and I'll miss it. There unfortunately won't be a prequel and Lilith will not be coming back :( I guess I'm just not one for happy ever afters... Or I don't believe in them, idk. Y'all have shown me so much support throughout this whole thing and I couldn't be more grateful xx I hope you will look forward to future ffs or books of mine 🌼🌹 - because I certainly do!!! Until I found new inspiration, I will be uploading one shots in my one shot collection xx Hoping to see u guys there! Thanks sm and ily 🥺✨

P.S.: this song is them, they are this song xx