Chapter 9

"Shit", I heard her curse from the other end of the room. "Shit, where is the damned thing?!" Groaning, I turned to lay on my other side in order to look at her. Grinning, I watched her bow down and search the floor for something what I assumed must've been her bra since she wasn't wearing one. I reached behind me and pulled something from under my pillow.
"Searching for this", I asked innocently, while holding up her lace bra with my pinkie.
Her head shot in my direction and her gaze instantly met mine. For a moment I felt as if I was suffocated.
"Give that to me", she then laughed.
I tried to suppress my own laughter as I spoke: "Well, name me one good reason why I should give it back, when I only see good reasons for not doing so right in front of me."
"You little-", she started, taking a step closer to the bed.
"Okay, okay! You can have it." I threw my hands up in defeat.

After both of us got dressed, I sat on the bed, not really knowing what to do next. I sighed, soon getting lost in some thoughts.
"Do you... regret it", I suddenly heard a voice asking.
"What?" I looked at her in utter disbelieve. "I don't."
"Good."
"I assume you don't either?"
"No."
"Good."
"And what now?"
"What exactly do you mean", I asked nervously. Of course I knew that we had to talk about it sooner or later, but I simply wasn't sure if I was ready for that yet. I wouldn't have an answer for her because I had no idea what we were or what I wanted us to be. Staying away didn't work, we just couldn't deny that pull towards us any longer. Did I love Lilith? Hell, she gave me all reason not to, though I could never have hated her for what she'd done. She hated herself enough already.
"Breakfast, I meant. I'm absolutely famished", the brunette said. She turned to walk out the bedroom door, but I immediately stopped her and spun her around again.
"About that", I started. "I may or may not have told Sabrina and Hilda that you are, well, not Mary Wardwell." I gave her an apologetic look.
"Are you being serious?" She looked at me with a rather shocked expression.
"Look, I'm sorry about that."
She sighed. "Okay, so they believe the Dark Lord sent me to harm your family?"
"Pretty much, yes."
"Well, how I see it, they just have to be convinced otherwise", she said after some thinking.
"You're right. But I'm not going to tell them that we are sleeping together just yet."
"Fine." She paused. "Do you think they will accept me that easily?"
"They most certainly will have to", I said.

---

"What in the heaven are you doing here", Sabrina spoke when she saw the two women entering the kitchen.
"Sabrina, watch your mouth", her aunt Zelda immediately cut her off.
The young witch looked at her in confusion. "I will not shut my mouth, Aunt Zelda", she said. "Not as long as she is in our home."
"Zelda, what is she doing here in the first place", Hilda asked carefully, to not upset her elder sister. "Didn't you say-"
"Yes, yes, I know what I said", the ginger hissed. "But the circumstances have changed."
Zelda had known, her sister wouldn't be a problem, though she had already suspected that her niece wouldn't let it go so easily.
"And why is that, Aunt Zelda? As far as I know, Lilith lied to me, lied to us. We are not even sure why she's here."
"Sabrina", her aunt sighed. "I know exactly why she's here." She turned to look at the demoness and gave her a barely noticeable, reassuring nod. The brunette slid through the doorframe, further into the kitchen.
"Oh, so are you like, on her side now", Sabrina asked.
"Sabrina listen", Lilith started. "I didn't come here to harm you, or I never intended to. You see, the Dark Lord sent me, you already know so much, but he didn't send me to hurt you, nor your family. The only thing he told me, really, was to lead you down the Path of Night. Which isn't such a bad thing, now is it? That's what your aunts wanted for you", she tried to explain.
"And did that give you the right to come into my life and lie to me? To pretend to be Miss Wardwell?" Suddenly her expression changed. "Miss Wardwell", she whispered. "What did you do to her? Did you... kill her?"
"Well..."
"She was my favorite teacher", the girl whined.
"Oh, Satan in hell", Zelda interrupted. „Enough of this! Sabrina, I frankly don't care about your opinion on this. And that is final." She turned to face her sister who was sitting at the breakfast table, sipping on her tea, trying to stay out of the conversation. "So, now that that's settled, what's for breakfast, Sister?"
"I think I should go", Lilith suddenly spoke.
"Please, stay", Zelda insisted after giving her a surprised look.
"If you will", she accepted, sitting down at the table as well.

---

Zelda's body shuddered when she left the mortuary and walked into town. It was mid-October in Greendale. A quiet town, sometimes almost too quiet for the witch's liking, that's why she preferred to spend her days at the academy, where she would always be kept busy. She would teach on most days, which was challenge enough. Forcing students to understand is one thing but inspiring them is another. As directrix, she would usually have to sit in her office for multiple hours, sometimes until deep into the night. And when she was finally done, she would walk home. Of course it would be easier to just teleport back to the mortuary, but she never did. Not once. She would rather breathe in the cool night air and clear her mind from all the things she had to deal with during the day. There was no rush, really. Why would she hurry home to her bubbly sister, to her teenage niece and to her nephew, who would either read quietly in his room or, on some days, hold loud orgies with different witches and warlocks from all over the place. No, she preferred to walk home in silence, being left all to herself for once.

A strand of her long ginger hair was flowing in the cold wind, as she was walking down the almost empty street. Only a few cars were driving into town on this very day. She had expected it to be more, as usually on a Friday noon. The woman's thoughts wandered off as she passed Baxter High. It had been a week. A week since she had last seen the brunette woman. The thought of visiting her at her cottage had crossed Zelda's mind multiple times during this last week, but her pride had gotten the best of her every single time. So she had just sat there. Sat there, staring into the fireplace or playing with a pen in her hand. She knew herself and she knew that she could never have an actual relationship with the dark-haired woman. Why? Why not, would have been the proper question. It's too late anyway, she thought. Lilith would be back in the pit by now, back to Lucifer. After what the demoness had told Zelda, about Lucifer, about what He did to her, she has started to doubt her faith. Why should she obey the Dark Lord anymore, knowing what a misogynist He truly was. And there was nothing Zelda despised more than a misogynist, especially since she had known Faustus Blackwood. With a sigh, she pushed all her thoughts away as she entered Cerberuses. She had to pay her sister a short visit.

"Zelda", she heard a familiar voice sing as soon as she walked through the doors. "What can I do for you?"
The ginger rolled her eyes. "Being less, I don't know, happy for no reason at all", she mumbled.
"What was that? Just because lately you are all grumpy most of the time doesn't mean we all have to be", Hilda said. She stepped closer to her sister. "Are you on your period again", she asked in a lower voice.
Zelda audibly gasped for air. "How dare you! I'm not-"
"Whatever you say, Sister", the blonde giggled.
She sighed in annoyance. "Anyway, I didn't come for your shenanigans. I'm actually here because I wanted to ask you a favour."
"Uh huh"
"I want you to teach at the academy. Just on Wednesdays", the ginger said. "We don't have enough teachers."
"But Zelds", her sister smiled. "Wednesday is a workday for me."
"So?" She pulled up one eyebrow. "I'm sure your incubus-vampire-lover wouldn't mind."
"Hey! Stop calling him that!"
"Whatever, Hilda", Zelda said. "As long as you help me at the academy."
"Fine", her sister accepted, and she already turned around again, ready to leave this disgusting place stuffed with mortals.
"Do you need something else", Hilda yelled after her, sounding concerned.
"Perhaps you'd like to talcum my derriere too, sister", Zelda shouted over her shoulder, leaving this hated place behind as fast as it was possible for her.

Author's note:

Hey guyssss! 🥺👉👈 Chapter 9 is finally up! I swear, this took me so damn long... Anyway, I really hope you like it hehe (it's kinda just a filler chapter, though I find it kind of funny xD) Let me know what you think about it in the comments and also let me know if you think Lilith really returned to Hell without saying goodbye. 👀 Also, thanks to Manon (IG: itsmadamspellman), shout out to you, I know exactly where this ff is going now and... pls dun hate me 🥺❤

~C