Back to normal time

Harry awoke from his memories by the sound of Teddy's voice at the bathroom door.

Teddy called through the door in a concerned voice,"Dad! There's steam coming out of the gaps in the door! "

Harry, noticing the bathroom was filled with steam, swiftly finished washing himself and turned the water off.

He dried himself off quickly with a towel and then wrapped said towel around his neck and another around his waist.

He opened the window and admired the scenery outside.

It was beautiful.

Another knock sounded at the bathroom door and a preteen voice called out,"Hey Dad have you finished yet?".

Harry replied guiltily,"Yeah I'm finished. Sorry to keep you waiting."

"It's fine, Dad. I just need to brush my teeth and use the loo."

Harry left the bathroom, steam following him out before disappearing.

He finished drying off and then gathered the clothes he was wearing before and climbed back into them.

He forgot to bring in their stuff from the car in a rush to got to sleep.

"Dad, you forgot to bring the toothbrushes and toothpaste inside.", Teddy's call came from within the bathroom.

"I'll go get our stuff from the car now, are you going to be fine on your own while I'm gone?", Harry asked, concerned for the safety of his only child.

"I'll be fine, Dad", the preteen whined.

"Okay, just checking.", Harry replied teasingly.

A groan echoed from the room as Harry exited into the hallway.

He chuckled then locked the door.

Thinking to himself, he pondered upon the memories he viewed in the shower.

Why had his past decided to pop up now? And what was going to happen in a years time?

At the end of the hallway was the lobby and seated within was the same lady who greeted them yesterday.

"Hi there deary, have you had a good night's sleep? The wind was a bit rough last night.", The woman asked, wrinkles becoming deeper set on her face.

Harry replied politely to the older woman's question,"I slept like a baby, I didn't even notice the wind. However, I don't think I know your name."

The tension in her face smoothened out as she answered,"Mary Andrews, pleasure to be accquainted to you.", She drew a thin wrinkled hand over the desk in greeting.

He withdrew his own hand from by his side and met her in the middle.

Gently, he placed a soft kiss to the back of her hand in a formal greeting.

She giggled and reminisced,"No-one has done that to me since my husband Dylan.".

Her cheeks turned pink and she tucked a bit of her fringe behind her ear.

Suddenly, he remembered what he was doing and swiftly apologized as he had to go and get his stuff from his car.

He left the building, gravel crunching underfoot, and walked to his boot.

He quickly unlocked the car and fished out their stuff before shutting and locking it.

He had 4 bags hanging from his arms and another bag on his back.

He returned back to his hotel room, waving at Mary as he walked by.

He knocked at the door and the teen answered by opening it.

"Ooh that looks heavy!", Teddy stated moving out of his dad's way.

Harry dumped them on the bed,"It was. You could've helped, Teddy."

"What would've been the fun in that?",he answered.

"I don't know, not making me suffer!", Harry bantered, teasingly nudging an elbow into his son's side.

"Alas I'm evil, Dad. You just have to accept that!", Teddy bantered back.

"This is betrayal of the utmost kind! Do you apologize?", Harry asked, crowding his son into a corner.

"Never!", Teddy yelled attempting to run past Harry.

"You're just going to have to be punished then", Harry replied, catching the boy in his arms and pinning him to the floor.

"No!", The child returned, struggling futilely in his father's grasp.

Harry pinned his wrists with one hand before launching the other at the boy's ribs, tickling the boy till he was gasping for breath.

"Do you relent?", Harry asked mock seriously.

"Ye..yesss!", The tealnette giggled out, face flushed a bright red.

"Alright, it's time to brush your teeth!", Harry said looking no worst for wear than before.

The tickle assaulted boy shakily stood up, still gasping for breath.

"We need to go get breakfast, it's the most important meal of the day.", Harry stated chirpily.

He changed into clean clothes and put the bags on their dresser, in wait for the younger of the duo.

Teddy, having finished brushing his teeth, entered the forest coloured room.

"Let's go Dad, before all the good food is gone.", Teddy said energetically.

They exited the room and went through the other door in the lobby leading to a small diner/pub on the other side.

It was painted a pale blue colour and had large floor to ceiling windows that showed a  decking, a decent sized garden and a forest that stood just outside of the fence.

All in all it was a beautiful sight to tired eyes.

"Hello there, my name is Theresa, can I seat you?", A blonde girl with olive green eyes asked.

"Yes please!", Teddy replied, tugging on his father's hand.

The girl laughed and showed them to a small table by a window. "Here's the menu, when you have decided just call me over!"

She left and both men sat down at the table.

"Dad, can I get the pecan pancakes and bacon with maple syrup?"

"Sure, do you want a drink with that?"

"Oo oo oo orange juice!", Teddy bounced in his seat in excitement.

Harry chuckled at his son's exuberance and said, "I'm gonna get the English breakfast and some water."

Teddy quickly called over Theresa and recited their orders dutifully.

She, having wrote down their orders, left to give them to the kitchen staff.

A few minutes later a delicious breakfast feast was brought to their table and was soon devoured by their resident metamorphagus and wizard.

They paid their bill and then left to their room to grab a empty bag and Harry's wallet.

They climbed back into the car, this time with Teddy in the front seat and drove to the nearby town.

Harry briefly noticed the road he went down after a wrong turn and then thought about the handsome, rugged stranger in the forest.

He flushed as thoughts of those muscled arms entered his mind.

He wondered if he would see his stranger again.