C H A P T E R 6

Ahmed left. 

My life just got flipped upside down and I don't even know what to think! I came to this university thinking I would have a new start and build my future, my career, makes friends. But little did I know my parents and cousin had already made the biggest decision of life and didn't consider it important to wager me in!

I find myself with conflicting feelings, on one hand I'm furious about this engagement and on the other I'm... curious? Interested? wanting to see where this goes? 

Ahmed was just a cousin who I hadn't spoken to in so many years and now all of the sudden in one night it all changed. The whole time he was in my apartment he made me feel things, things I didn't know I could. Every time I think about him, my heart starts racing. 

why!

There are so many thoughts running through my head I can't handle this right now so I decided I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed. 

It's Saturday and after everything that happen last night, I need a day to myself and enjoy what I love. So I texted my friends and asked them to come over. 

I got up, got dressed and cleaned up the apartment. I ran down to the closest target and got some snacks as well. I hope we watch a movie or something. 

By the time I got everything ready, the doorbell rang. My friends are here! 

I walk over and open the door, and announce "Welcome to my humble home, friends"

However, it wasn't who I was expecting. 

Ahmed was at the door. 

Im shook! why is he back! I don't want this today I want a day with my friends. 

"Hey, Can I come in?" he asked.

And before I could answer, he was already inside!

"What are you doing here?" I sighed 

"Don't you think we should talk about last night? future? anything" he replied. 

"NO! Ahmed, No I don't wanna talk about anything, I don't wanna talk to you, I don't wanna talk about us! and I FOR SURE DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE ARE ENGAGED" I exclaimed. 

I was infuriated, however his expression changed. He wasn't looking at me anymore. 

He was looking past me. He raised his arm to point at something behind me. 

oh no. 

Did I close the door? Omg who's at the door? I really hope it isn't....

I turned around slowly and looked at the door!

It was my FRIENDS!

They heard everything.