C H A P T E R 11

We sat there silently munching on our breakfast. Ahmed looked up at me and held back a laugh. 

"What?" I asked. 

He leaned forward, his face getting closer to me. My eyes widened as he brought a hand to my face and wiped my chin. 

"That" he said smirking.

Oh. He just wiped some eggs off of my chin. 

He licked his finger and got up to wash his hands. 

"So what are your plans for today?" He asked me. 

"I have a lot of errands to run actually so if you want to head out soon..." I say.

"No I don't have anything to do. I'll join." He tells me washing his plate. I can see the muscles on his back arch as he cleans the dishes. Get your head out of the gutter Laila. 

_______________

When Ahmed was done washing the dishes, he joined my on the sofa where I was doing my homework for my business class. I couldn't understand this one problem, and I only had one try left.

"3%" he said after glancing at my laptop screen. Hmm. I carefully put in the answer and pray that its right, or else I'd be getting an 88%. 

"Its right! Thanks!" I say facing him. He's looking down at his phone, texting his room mates. 

"Shouldn't you head back to your apartment?" I ask him. I'm sure everything would be alright by now. He looks up at me and smirks. 

"Are you sure you want me to go? You won't get scared again tonight?" he teased. So, he wants to stay here again? I can't let that happen. We were getting way to close, and even if he is my fiance, its still haram. I scooted away from him, hoping he would get the hint.

"No I won't." I assured him and looked back down at my laptop, acting like I was working on something else. 

"Are you mad at me?" he asked. 

"No?" 

"Oh, you seem upset." he said. 

"I am, can you leave?" I tell him sternly. 

His eyes widened and he was taken aback. 

"Whats wrong?" he asked me in a low voice. He put his hand on my shoulder. "You can tell me." 

"Its just that, we're getting alittle too comfortable. You're not even my husband, and I barely know you anymore."

"But I am your fiance and-" he started

"For now" I state. I'm not sure if I want to stay engaged to him, the type of guy who feels comfortable sleeping over at a girls house. Maybe he's done this before. Maybe he did this with other girls who weren't his 'fiance'. I looked up and he looked really hurt. 

"What do you mean 'for now'" He said with air quotes. 

"I mean I don't know if I want to stay engaged. I still need time." I tell him.

"How much time" he said and rolled his eyes. 

"Okay you can't give me attitude, you've had years to process this!" I yell at him. 

"Yeah, but I would never make you feel like I'm out of your league!"

"We aren't really engaged yet anyways, you don't have any right to call me your fiance!"I yell looking into his hazel orbs. Hot tears were about to escape my eyes. But I held them in, I didn't want to let him see me like that again. 

"Oh okay, so you just want a ring. WOw, didn't know you were a gold digger like the rest of the girls in this university." he scoffed and grabbed his jacket. Before I could say anything he opened the apartment door and left, slamming it shut. 

Well. I guess that was our first, possibly final, fight? After seeing this, I don't think I know Ahmed at all. I don't think I want to stay engaged. 

My phone broke my train of thought, my mom was calling me.