C H A P T E R 10

I am a little nervous about his answer but also curious. 

"Well, If I am being completely honest I was pretty shocked. All I remembered about you was the braces, the pigtails and low-key you were annoying when we were younger but then I guess I always thought my parents would end up choosing who I would get married so I processed it and kinda came to the conclusion that they knew what was best." he replied in detail. My heart dropped a little hearing this, he kinda sounds like he gave in and said whatever.

"But, then... I saw you and I really believed that my parents made a right decision" he said with a hit of happiness. 

Now that part, also my made my heart drop (but in a good way) and my cheeks went really hot. I smiled. 

"Oh" I said trying to break the silence and mask my joy. 

"Yeah well, that's that. Don't need to ask about yours, umm I was there" he said teasingly. 

"Shut up!" I laughed as a hit him with a throw pillow off my bed. 

He chuckled and fluffed his pillow getting ready to sleep. 

"Good night, Ahmed" i whispered.

"Good night, Laila. Don't worry I'll protect you" he laughed. 

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up to the sun shinning and the warmth covering my body. 

oh shit! 

AHMED. aHMED IS in my apartment, IN MY ROOM. omg I look hideous in the morning! He is going to see my hideous face and probably recant everything from last night! This cannot happen I refuse for this to happened. I'm going to slip outta my bed and run to the bathroom. Yea, thats a good plan. 

I started tip toeing making almost no noise and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, brushed my crazy hair and put on some natural make up. 

Okay I look decent. I step out of the bathroom, still tip toeing, I don't wanna wake him up. I keep looking at the room making sure he isn't disturbed and back up into the loft. 

I immediately backed into someone, OMG NOT SOMEONE, AHMED. I turned around quickly only to realize that I'm standing too close to him. He is still NOT wearing a shirt and I noticed this because I'm standing so close to him I could feel his body heat. 

Our eyes lock and time is frozen. My heart is beating fast, my blood is pumping hard, my face is getting hot and I'm feeling so much adrenaline rush through my body. 

Minutes pass but we are frozen.

bzzzz. bzzz. A phone vibrated. 

Just like the moment ended and we both backed away and turned away from each other. I traced my hair behind my ear and wiped the sweat of my face. 

"Are you okay?" Ahmed asked.

"Yeah, im good. HBU?" I replied. 

"Umm... yeah. I took the liberty of making us some breakfast. I made some eggs, toast and coffee" he explained.

"Naked?" I blurted

He raised his eyebrow and looked at me with a smirk.

"uhh I mean, your Abs. NO! I mean your not wearing a shirt!!" I yelled

Ahmed started laughing so hard. while he laughed at me, I found his sweatshirt on the couch and threw it at him. 

I rolled my eyes at him in annoyance and walked towards the kitchen to get some breakfast. 

"ahahaha. I'm sorry. But to answer your question, yes I did cook with my shirt off" he replied. 

I was so embarrassed that i no longer wanted to take part in this conversation and started to stuff my face with eggs. 

"What? you don't wanna talk about my abs?" he chuckled as I choked on my bite. 

"Shut up. It was a mistake and whatever I've seen better" I smirked. 

We both broke into laughter.