XIII.

.:*:・・:*:.
"How all occasions do inform against me, and spur my dull revenge."

(Hamlet, act 2 scene 4)
.:*:・・:*:.

****

I woke up to the most loveliest and most warmest feeling in the world. The love of my life in my arms.

Peering down, I noticed that Ms Venable was still asleep, her breathing was shallow and her nose was ever so slightly scrunched up, one of the cutest expressions she owned. I didn't move or say anything for a moment because I just wanted to savour this precious and tender moment.

"You're staring, it's creepy." She mumbled, and I chuckled, realising she was awake.

"That's your fault for being so beautiful." I grinned cheekily, gaining a little laugh from her. But then it faded.

"You should go....I'm sorry." Ms Venable spoke sadly, avoiding my eye contact, but I understood.

"It's okay Mina, I understand. What matters to me right now is you. As long as you're happy, I'm happy." I took her hand and kissed it gently, making her smile.

"I love you."

*

At breakfast I was ready to start eating, but then I felt Ms Venable's hand under the table, and heard her whisper, "We can go to the library."

I had to bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from smiling in front of everyone. It was like things had finally gone back to normal. So I nodded discreetly.

Suddenly I felt eyes on me, but it wasn't Ms Venable's. Looking up, I realised that it was Gallant. Why was he looking at me with that expression? It was almost as if he'd come to some sort of conclusion in his head.

Before I could hang around the dining room so I could take my plate with Ms Venable to the library, Gallant walked up to me.

"Can I talk to you? Alone?" He spoke quickly and tugged on my arm, indicating for me to follow. I glanced at Ms Venable who was still seated, knowing that she was watching. She gave me a slow nod, so I reluctantly followed Gallant down a few corridors until we were completely out of earshot and eye sight.

"What are y-"

"I know your secret." He cut me off with his statement, making my eyes widen in utter shock. He couldn't mean....

"I don't know what you're talking about." I shook my head and folded my arms defensively.

"Of course you do. You and Ms Venable? Ring any bells?" He sighed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Look, if Coco said anything to you, it's not true. There is nothing going on between me and Ms Ven-" But he cut me off again.

"Just be quiet for a moment, jesus. Maybe I can see it because I'm an expert in this area, but I see the way she looks at you, like you're the only woman in the world. And then I see the way you way you watch her like she's your goodness. It's really quite cute actually." He chuckled and ran fingers through his platinum white hair.

"I...." What was I to say? He'd cracked it right on point.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone, but I just wanted to tell you to stop being so obvious. The others have noticed that Ms Venable seems to treat you a little....softer than the rest of us. I know that technically there's nothing against you being with her, but I know that she probably want to keep up her cold reputation, and she'd be a bit hypocritical, you know, breaking her own rules."