dark discoveries

・・・ ・・・
CHAPTER FIVE : DARK DISCOVERIES
・・・ ・・・

・・・ ✪ ・・・CHAPTER FIVE : DARK DISCOVERIES・・・ ✪ ・・・

hawkins library was empty for the most part. 3 librarians sitting around & organizing as well as the chief of police & an officer. "i don't know, chief," powell spoke to the man across the table.

"what don't you know?" hopper asked. the room was dim & the only light that came in were the rays on sun from outside along with a desk lamp that stood next to the two. they had papers spread out onto the desk that consisted of newspaper articles & pictures.

powell pointed down at the article he had in front of him, "this lady, terry ives, sounds like a real nut to me. her kid was taken for lsd mind control experiments? she's been discredited," hopper sighed as powell continued to back up his previous statement, "claim was throw out-"

"okay, forget about her," hopper took the newspaper story away from powell's eyes & placed another one in front of him. the headline read 'MKULTRA EXPOSED' & showed a picture of kids in hospital gowns & doctors lined up next to them. "look at this. dr. martin brenner," hopper tapped the face that matched the name on the paper.

"who?" powell asked.

"brenner," hopper paused, waiting for powell to make the connection, "he runs hawkins lab."

powell looked at the chief, "okay."

hopper leaned back in his chair & scoffed, "you don't find that interesting?"

"not really," powell replied, "he was involved in some hippie crap back in the day, so what?" powell shrugged not really understanding what hopper was getting at.

jim leaned forward a bit, "no, this isn't some hippie crap. this is cia sanctioned research."

"doesn't mean he had anything to do with our kid."

"come on," hopper egged on the idea, "look at that. hospital gowns. all of 'em. now that piece of fabric that teacher found by the pipe that sure looked like a hospital gown to me, huh? am i wrong?" hopper looked at the man across from him as he explain his theory.

yet, powell was still skeptical of it all, "i don't know, chief."

hopper sighed once more & leaned back in his chair again. "come on, man. work with me here. i'm not saying that there's so grand conspiracy, i'm just," hopper closed his eyes for moment & huffed, "i'm saying maybe something happened. maybe will was in the wrong place at the wrong time & he saw something that he shouldn't have."