the encounter

・・・ ・・・
CHAPTER SIX : THE ENCOUNTER
・・・ ・・・

      joyce finished painting the last letter on as the black paint was rubbed against the old wallpaper

     joyce finished painting the last letter on as the black paint was rubbed against the old wallpaper. christmas lights were strung all over the house, but more importantly right by the alphabet that was on her wall. "okay, okay. baby, talk to me. talk to me. where are you?" joyce rubbed her hands together nervously as she watched her wall, hoping this out of the box idea might just work out.

the green light right above the 'r' that was painted on the wall shown brightly.

joyces face lit up, much like the light, "'r', good, good, good, good. that's good. come on, come on."

the lights continued to flicker onto different letters, spelling out something.

"'i...g...h...t...h...e...r...e'," she looked at the wall, "'right here'," the lights started lighting up again as the woman followed the letter across the wall. "'saturn'," she spoke out to the empty house. "what about her? is she okay?" again she was met with the lights. joyce's eyes widened as she watched the message get decoded in front of her, "'hurt', where is she will?" she watched as it said the location where she would head to next, but not before asking if will was alright as well.

once she got the okay, joyce went out of her house & walked into the woods. leaves crunched underneath her feet as the flashlight she was holding shown on the ground, helping her find her way to the girl that she met earlier today. the trees stood tall like they were watching her as she hiked through the forest.

she was met with the cliff side of the quarry as she walked around, pointing her flash like all over desperately trying to look for the blonde girl. joyce's flashlight shown on as once cream shirt that was now decorated with splatters of red & black. saturn laid on the ground before her as she rushed over to her. she saw that saturn's leg was cut open & had blood pooling out of it. the gash was all along her lower leg & there were a few cuts on her head as well as a split lip.

"saturn? sweetheart?" joyce took ahold of the girls shoulders as she tried to wake her up. "sweet-" joyce stopped as saturn's eyes lifted. they searched the world around her, slowly confirming that she was back in the real world.

"will," she whispered in a broken voice.

joyce's heart broke when she heard her say this. she knew that will was okay for now, but it still hurt. "it's alright, sweetheart. he's alright." a tear slipped down joyce's cheek & she held the younger girl sit up. saturn looked at joyce & hugged her tightly as it was returned by joyce. "come on, lets get you back home."

joyce picked the girl up as saturn leaned most of her weight on the woman. they walked through the woods as saturn whimpered each time she put too much weight on her foot & joyce stopping every time to make sure that she was okay. they made their way out onto the dirt road that would eventually lead to joyce's house. they were met with head lights that shined brightly at them. the car stopped suddenly & out came jonathan byers.