into the belly of the beast

・・・ ・・・
CHAPTER EIGHT : INTO THE BELLY OF THE BEAST
・・・ ・・・

     jim hopper hid behind a wall as he waited for the door of hawkins lab to open

     jim hopper hid behind a wall as he waited for the door of hawkins lab to open. two employees walked out to the parking lot as hopper slipped in the doorway as he was quick and careful not to get caught by any eyes or ears. he walked through the lab with light footsteps as he came to a hallway that had paneled wood up on the walls which contrasted to the sickly white of the floors. he scanned the hallway as it was clear to go out and start walking, but he quickly ducked into a room as a group of doctors came out of no where.

     his breathing was heavy and his heart rate was up. after finding out that will byers 'body' was actually a stuffed dummy, he was more cautious and curious than ever to find out what was happening in his little indiana town.

     jim walked out as soon as the doctors had passed as he kept venturing down the hallway. the florescent lights above him hummed lightly as he came across a plastic barrier that had warning signs on the front. he sighed to himself and shook his head as he unzipped the barrier and walked through the hallway that was behind them. the walls were now lined with white bricks and he turned down the corridor and got to two big, brown doors that were locked. he jiggled the handle a couple of times and whispered to himself, "no, no."

     a gun cocked behind him as an unfamiliar voice sounded, "hands up! hands up!"

     "woah, woah, woah, woah," hopper said as he turned around and saw a bald man and a security guard both with guns pointing right at him.

     "forget all the camera's, bub?" the bald man asked.

     "look," hopper feigned innocence, "dr. brenner asked for me specifically. okay? how else do you think i got in here?"

     the bald man looked at him skeptically, "what's your name again?" he lowered his gun and reached for his walkie.

     "it's jim hopper," the tall man said with such confidence, "chief jim hopper."

     the man raised the walkie to his mouth, "yeah, i've got jim hopper-"he was unable to finish as the chief had struck him against the face as the bald man passed out. he quickly grabbed the gun that had been in his hand and pointed it at the security guard who put up his hands as jim took his gun as well.

     the walkie went off again as it called back for another transmit as they hadn't caught what the man had said. hopper grabbed the card from the security guards chest, "hey, you mind if i borrow this thing?" he swiped it against the receiver and walked into the new hallway. it was dark and had rooms with windows, no doubt one sided, as well as other rooms that were most likely locked.