One

Adam and Barbara soon found themselves in a officelike room in the depths of the Netherworld, standing still as Betelgeuse leaned back in a chair in front of them. The demon had his eyes focused on both ghosts, a hand resting against his chin. They explained everything, from Lydia's obsession to how Lydia constantly asked them about their ghost powers. Betelgeuse listened intently. His eyes widened in surprise. Lydia? Obsessed with having ghost powers?

"So," he began, the tone of his voice serious. "What's all this about Lyds having an obsession with ghost powers?"

"It's all she's been thinking about ever since we let her, Charles, and Delia live with us," Barbara explained, slowly running a hand through her dirty Blonde hair. "We would get her to think about something other than her having ghost powers of her own but then she would just go right back to thinking about having said ghost powers."

"I see," Betelgeuse commented.

"Can you help us?" Adam asked, shifting a little in his seat.

"I can try," Betelgeuse said, getting up. He led them back over towards the very same door that they'd used to enter the Netherworld and the three of them went through it. The Maitlands had hope Betelgeuse actually knew how to help Lydia. They didn't know what they were going to do if he did not.

To be honest, if Lydia had ghost powers like the Maitlands and Betelgeuse did, she could help around the house more. Do outdoors chores for the two ghosts whenever they didn't want to go outside. Do outdoors chores when her dad and stepmother were away on vacation. It would prove helpful. That was the good thing that came out of that. The bad thing was, Lydia was still a human being. If she had ghost powers, who knows what might happen. Lydia wouldn't even know how to properly use her ghost powers if she were to get any so it was a good thing that she wasn't dead...yet.

Barbara stopped, deep in thought and Betelgeuse and Adam turned to face her. They saw the female ghost just stand there, her face blank. Adam was worried for his wife, making his way over towards her and waving a hand in front of her eyes. "Barbara, honey?" He asked. "You there?!"

She shook her head, eyeing her husband and Betelgeuse. "Yeah."

"What in the Netherworld was going on with you?" The tone in Adam's voice was concerned, worried, for his wife.

"Nothing." Barbara reached a hand up, gently pushing a loose strand of her dirty Blonde hair out of her eyes. "I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"About how good things would be if Lydia were to ever get ghost powers of her own," Barbara explained with a slight chuckle. Adam raised an eyebrow, signifying that he was a bit nervous at the thought of Lydia having ghost powers. Barbara sighed as she continued speaking. "She could help us out with chores. Especially those done outside."

"Barbara-," Adam began.

Betelgeuse cut him off. "Are you guys coming or what?"

"We're coming," they said in unison. "We're coming."