Sixteen

The next morning, Charles had Lydia sit down on the couch in the living room of the house and he, Delia, Adam, and Barbara sat across from her. Although they were trying their best to be calm with the teenager, that didn't mean that they weren't still upset with her and Betelgeuse for the prank that they pulled on them in the middle of the night.

It had taken all four of Lydia's parents forever to clean off all the hot sauce that they were covered in. And now they could talk to Lydia. She was, once again, nervous. Her parents had their eyes focused solely towards her and she shrunk back just a little.

Charles cleared his throat. "Lydia," he began.

All Lydia could say was, "y-yes." A mix of sweat and tears began to drip down her face as she began to fear the point of the conversation she was about to have with all four of her parents.

"Why did you and Betelgeuse pull that prank on us?" Her dad continued, sighing as he folded his arms.

"I thought it would be fun for us to pour those buckets of hot sauce over you guys," Lydia said quietly. Before all four of her parents could protest, Lydia began to speak again. "After the buckets of water prank we pulled on you not too long ago, I thought we'd try something else."

"And you settled on buckets of hot sauce?" Barbara asked. She raised an eyebrow and folded her arms.

"Yeah." Lydia smiled. "Next time I think Betelgeuse and I should do buckets of San-."

Before she could finish her sentence, she was cut off by her father speaking. "There won't be anymore pranks pulled on us by you and Betelgeuse, Lydia."

She turned to him, the smile on her face quickly morphing into a clear frown. "But..."

"No buts, Lydia," Charles continued, resting his right hand against his forehead.

He'd initially thought about sending Lydia up to her room for a while but then he remembered that Betelgeuse was supposed to help her figure out if she could make clones of herself. He turned to face the demon.

"Betelgeuse?" He asked.

The male demon turned to him. "Yeah?"

"Aren't you supposed to help Lydia learn to control her powers today?"

"I am, but I think I should let Babs continue on with helping Lydia learn to control her teleporting today. We'll do our lesson tomorrow."

"Are you sure, Betelgeuse?" The tone in Barbara's voice was worried.

All Betelgeuse did was nod in response.

Lydia had initially decided to combine her smaller lessons with Betelgeuse and Barbara into one big lesson. Wanting to make clones of herself and have them teleport all over the place whilst she watched on with glee. Barbara and Betelgeuse were both worried. They weren't sure what exactly was going to happen if Lydia went through with her plan.

She was currently lounged on her back on the couch of the living room. Laughing as she stared up towards the ceiling. Though Barbara knew for a fact that Lydia was most likely planning on pulling another of her pranks on her, Adam, Charles, and Delia with Betelgeuse's help. 

Charles, Delia, and Adam had gone to do their own things a little while ago, leaving Barbara and Betelgeuse with Lydia. Both demon and ghost sat at the kitchen counter, thinking deeply about what they could possibly do. Combining both of their lessons into one lesson was going to be particularly hard.

Barbara opened the Handbook for the Recently Deceased and scanned through the pages, looking for the pages that talked about teleportation and cloning. When she found both of the pages, she heard Betelgeuse laughing rather loudly to himself and turned to see why he was laughing.

She found Lydia hovering upside down in midair, a couple clones floating next to her. Barbara began to panic. Whilst it was confirmed that Lydia could, in fact, make clones of herself, Barbara wasn't sure why she would clone herself on the spot.

"Uh, Lydia?" Barbara teleported herself into the living room and glanced up towards Lydia. "Why don't you wait to clone yourself until the three of us get to your combined lesson? Hmmm..."

"But I wanted to make these clones of myself," Lydia whimpered. She turned to one of her two clones and motioned for her to teleport into the kitchen before turning to the other and motioning for her to teleport into her bedroom.

"Well, why don't you come down from there and follow me into the kitchen, Lydia?" Barbara suggested. "We could continue from what you just learned to do. How does that sound?"

"Okay." Lydia smiled.

She righted herself then floated back down towards the ground, following Barbara into the kitchen and sitting down next to her.

Making two more clones of herself, Lydia smirked widely as she motioned for them to teleport into her bedroom as well, joining her other clone. Barbara and Betelgeuse stared in shock.

This was going to be a long day.