Fifteen

Getting Lydia to go to bed was no easy task. All the teen wanted to do was pull pranks with Betelgeuse all night long. She vowed to stay up and have fun with her powers rather than go to sleep. Idea after idea ran through her mind. What was she going to do first.

Another go at the bucket of water prank that she and Betelgeuse had pulled on her four parents not too long ago? No. They weren't going to do that again. Lydia didn't want her dad, Delia, and the Maitlands getting mad at her once again. That idea was immediately out of the question.

She turned to Betelgeuse, hoping the male demon had any good ideas but all he could think of was instead of pouring buckets of water over her parents' heads, they could pour buckets of hot sauce over their heads. Lydia was thrilled with the idea.

Materializing four buckets of hot sauce out of thin air, the two of then crept over towards Lydia's four unsuspecting parents and snickered as they levitated all four of the buckets over their heads, preparing to pour them. Lydia's dad heard them snickering, unfortunately, and he turned to look over towards them before focusing his attention up towards the ceiling. He gasped in shock upon seeing the slowly tipping buckets floating in midair.

Charles crossed his arms as he sighed in annoyance and glared at Lydia and Betelgeuse. "I thought we said you guys weren't allowed to pull any more pranks on us. What are the buckets of water for, guys?"

Betelgeuse chuckled softly to himself. "These aren't buckets of water, guys."

By now, Delia, Adam, and Barbara had focused their attention up towards the ceiling, seeing the floating buckets. Now angered, they focused their attention over towards Lydia and Betelgeuse.

"Then what are they?" Barbara asked suspiciously.

"Buckets of hot sauce." Lydia smiled.

With a knowing wink to Betelgeuse, the two of them tipped their buckets completely and poured the hot sauce over Lydia's four parents. When they were done, they turned and focused their attention over towards Charles, Delia, and the Maitlands and paused suddenly, seeing equally enraged looks on their faces.

Why was Adam as angry as the rest of Lydia's parents were? Lydia recalled a conversation she had with him about a week ago about how he was going to remain calm whenever Lydia caused trouble and/or pulled pranks with Betelgeuse's help.

She and Betelgeuse saw Adam realize that he was furious and immediately calm himself down, standing in between Lydia and Betelgeuse and the rest of the Maitland-Deetz family. Barbara, Charles, and Delia all calmed down as well, wondering what Adam was doing.

"Adam, honey, what are you-," Barbara tried to say.

"Look," Adam spoke up. "I know Lydia and Betelgeuse just pulled a prank on us but that doesn't mean we should be angry with them. I remember having a conversation with Lydia not too long ago and promising her that I was going to remain calm with her. I think you should all do the same. Don't you think?"

"Adam..." Barbara repeated.

"No," Delia said with a sigh. "He's got a point."

"Yeah, he's right," Charles continued on. "But we're still going to have to have a word with Lydia about this. She and Betelgeuse can't keep on pulling pranks on us."

As he said that, he eyed Lydia.