Epilogue | La La's Full Court Wedding

January 2021

LA LA✅
@lala

Happy New Year🎊🎉we made it family❤️❤️Always remember you can't please everybody so start doing what makes YOU happy! New year. New vibes. Love you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️(I was muddy from a crazy 🏍ride) @ Happy New Year

5:24 PM • 1/1/21 • Twitter for IPhone

==•==•==•==

October 2021

"Hi." I said as I smiled at John.

"You look beautiful." John said.

"Please be seated. On behalf of John and Alani, I would like to thank you all for being here this afternoon. For taking the time and making the journey, and for all the effort that it takes—not only to be a part of this day, but to be a part of each other's lives. John and Alani have invited you here to this beautiful place to show you a glimpse of an important piece of their love. To share with you trails, woodlands, marshes, and beaches, like the ones they've often explored during their time together." The Pastor said.

"At this time, John and Alani would like to take a moment to honor those loved ones who are not with us today. Please take a moment of silence." The Pastor said.

"Throughout time countless millions of people from many cultures, religions, and societies have gathered among friends and families to celebrate their love for one and other and their commitment to each other. Today we should try to remember that a wedding is a symbol, a heartfelt and meaningful symbol but a symbol nonetheless. This ceremony is not magic, it will not create a relationship that does not already exist and has not already been celebrated in all the commitments Scott and Keriann have made to each other, both large and small, in the days since they first met. What we are celebrating today is not the beginning of a marriage, but a marriage-already-in- progress. This ceremony is a symbol of how far they have come together and a symbol of the promises that they will continue to make to each other throughout live their lives together." The Pastor said.

"The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, 'You know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed? Well, I meant it all, every word.' Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Nothing is easier than standing here and saying these words, and nothing is more difficult than living them day to day. When you love someone, you do not love them all the time in exactly the same way. That is impossible. Yet that is what most of us expect. We forget the ebb and flow of life and of love and of relationships. We insist on permanence, on duration, on continuity. But in love, as in life, the only stability is in change, in growth, and in freedom. Therefore what you promise today must be renewed and reaffirmed tomorrow and all the tomorrows to come." The Pastor said as John and I looked at each other and smiled.