Chapter Two | Maybe Baby?

📍 Land O'Lakes, Florida

L A L A.

"How are you feeling about being quarantined here?" John asked.

I put my phone down on my lap and look up at John as he hands me a drink.

"It's crazy I'm not used to not being able to move around but I'm glad it have this down time." I answered.

"I definitely understand that." John said.

"Plus I've been feeling a little off lately." I said.

"Really?" John asked.

"Yeah." I answered as I started thinking.

=•=•=•=•=

J O H N.

I briefly glanced at Lala who had an unreadable look on her face. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering what she was thinking about.

"What were you thinking about?" I asked.

Lala looked over at me and sighed.

"What if I told you that I was pregnant?" Lala answered.

I sighed and ran my hands over my face.

"Are you pregnant?" I asked.

"I don't know for sure but I've been feeling different lately and plus my period is late." Lala replied.

I grabbed Lala by the hips and pulled her closer to me.

I looked deeply into her eyes and leaned in to kiss her passionately.

Lala was a little taken back but she soon melted into the kiss and wrapped her arms around my neck.

I stopped kissing her and looked at her.

"If you feel like you're pregnant then we'll figure it out." I said.

"Are you upset?" She asked.

"No." I answered as I smiled and kissed her passionately.

=•=•=•=•=

L A L A.

I went to the bathroom and something told me take a pregnancy test. I took two tests and I waited five minutes. I set up a timer and waited. I was super nervous because Josh and I never thought about having kids this soon.

The timer went off and I walked up to the two tests on the counter and saw two positive signs.

"John!" I yelled calling him to come to the bathroom.

He walked and asked, "What?"

I saw him the pregnancy test between my perfectly manicured claws are two little pink lines.

"I'm pregnant." I said.

"What, are you serious?" John asked.

"Yes, I'm pregnant! I'm super nervous, but really excited. There's a million emotions going on in my brain." I answered.

"I'm shocked." John said.

"I know we didn't really talk about trying for kids but I end up getting off of birth control earlier in order to get my egg count up so I could freeze them and plus you had that vasectomy reversal done." I said.

"I know I'm shocked but I knew it would happy eventually and I feel good about it. We're having a baby together even if probably not the best time with the pandemic that's happening right now." John said.

"I know I guess we shouldn't announce it then." I said.

"But you can tell Kelly cause I know it's hard to keep a secret from her and Draya too." John said.

"I know." I said.

I called Kelly on facetime because he's on the road.

"Hey babe." Kelly said appearing on the screen.

"I have a surprise for you." I said.

"What is it?" She asked.

I hold up the pregnancy test and say, "I'm pregnant."

"What?" She asked but there is poor connection.

So I end up just screaming "I'm pregnant!" Over the phone. She's genuinely shocked, to the point where she asked me if I'm joking.

"Yes, everything is falling into place for us and I'm super excited." I said.