Chapter Three | The Home Front

J O H N.

Lala lifts her shirt up and Dr. Hong puts a cool gel on her stomach. Lala twitches slightly but remains calm.

"You're ten weeks along." Dr. Hong said as she moves the wand alongs Lala's stomach.

"Really?" Lala asked.

"Based on the look and positioning of your cervix, I'd say that's about right." Dr. Hong answered.

"So everything looks good?" I asked hopefully, trailing my fingers along Lala's arm.

"It does." She answered with a nod.

"And here's the heartbeat. It's a early to hear it, but you can definitely see it." She said as she focused as an even clearer image of our baby came over the monitor.

"Oh my God." Lala whispered.

I raised Lala's hand to my lips.

Lala let out a breath and wiped away her tears with the sides of her fingers.

"Oh my God." Lala murmured.

"I'll print you plenty of pictures." She offered. "Would you like a video on DVD, as well?" She asked.

"Yes, please, thank you." I answered.

"Okay." She said as she patted Lala's knee as a signal that she could sit up now and smiled. "I'll be right back." She said.

Dr. Hong walked out of the room and Lala sat up.

"I can't even..." I stammered. "Wow." I said.

Lala smiled.

"I can't believe it either." Lala said.

=•=•=•=•=

LA LA SHOWS LOVE TO EVERYONE TRYING TO SURVIVE CORONAVIRUS IN CRAMMED SMALL APARTMENTS: "SH*T JUST ISN'T EASY SOMETIMES"

"Power" actress La La Vázquez knows it's hard out here. The high-profile entertainer went online this week to remind her fans she knows there are some serious self-isolation struggles going on right now.

Heading into the weekend, La La went to her Instagram page with some heartfelt words. Vázquez acknowledged not everyone has the luxury of living in a spacious spot as they go through their quarantine.

"Just checking in on everybody. I know we all don't have big ass houses we can move around in and get personal space if needed. Some of us are feeling like we have nowhere to go or crammed in a small space and just completely over it. I get it. Just sending love❤️Reminding you how strong you are & how many times you've made it through when you didn't think you could. I have to remind myself of that too. Shit just isn't easy sometimes. I LOVE YOU❤️"

=•=•=•=•=

APRIL 2020

Liked by youngisblessed, breshawebb, johncena and 170,563 others

lala Happy Easter everybody...LOVE YOU💕

View all 1,000 comments

breshawebb So pretty

johncena My Easter bunny