Chapter Five | October 2020

John Cena Marries Girlfriend Lala Vazquez in Florida

The couple have been linked since March 2019

John Cena is a married man!

The actor and pro wrestler wed girlfriend Lala Vazquez at an attorney's office on Monday in Tampa, Florida, according to a marriage certificate obtained by PEOPLE. The couple, who have been linked since March 2019, obtained a marriage license on Friday, according to the document.

A rep for Cena, 43, did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

Earlier this year, Cena and Vazquez shared some PDA at their second red carpet appearance together at the premiere of Dolittle. The duo were photographed sharing a kiss on the lips during the outing, and Cena referred to Vazquez as "family" while talking with reporters on the carpet.

"It's a family movie and it's a wonderful occasion to celebrate with family," he said.

Cena and Vázquez got very serious very quickly -- and were spotted making out all over town for the past year!

Apparently, the two got engaged on the down-low -- and filed for a marriage certificate in Florida in early October.

And, according to official documents obtained by TMZ Sports, they swapped "I Dos" on Oct. 12 in a ceremony in Tampa. 

News of the marriage was first reported by PWInsider.

Mazel tov!

This is Cena's second wedding, he was previously married to Elizabeth Huberdeau from 2009 to 2012.

Cena dated Bella for roughly 6 years but they split because he didn't want children at the time and Nikki wanted to start a family.

She has since had a son with new boyfriend Artem Chigvintsev.

•=•=•=•=•=•=

Liked by johncena, kellyrowland, ciara, and 1,234,792 others

lala Here's to new life, new experiences, and new thrills. My baby on the way and I'm the mommy to be. I am blessed to carry this baby. It's a journey from bump to baby. Thank you God for blessing us.

View all 36,000 comments

johncena Thank you God 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

kellyrowland So happy that we can finally talk about your blessing, congrats!! 🙏🏾

ludacris 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

trinarockstarr 🙏🏽❤️💕

krisjenner Aww congratulations 🥰❤️

ciara Congratulations mama ❤️

khloekardashian Yesssss congratulations 😭😍

dangerusswilson What a blessing! Congrats 💪🏽

cassie Congratulations 💕❤️

kyliejenner 💕💕💕💕

serenawilliams 😍😍😍😍

kimkardashianwest Can't wait to spoil our baby! ❤️

adriennebailon 🥰😍❤️

Liked by marysemizanin, wwerollins, enews and 998,448 others

johncena The happiness in our hearts grows and grows, We're adding ten little fingers and ten little toes.

View all 12,811 comments

wwe Congratulations 🎉🍾🎊

wwerollins Congrats!!

randyorton Congratulations

trinity_fatu Congratulations on your new little someone to love!

romanreigns Congratulations!!!

adamscherr99 Congrats on a brand new miracle to call your own.

458,890 likes

wwe Congratulations to @johncena and @lala, who are expecting their first baby!

View all 4,681 comments