Chapter 1 - The Guy Next Door

-----------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All the characters, events, and other places presented on the book are fictional. This book may contain sensitive themes, obscene language, etc. which not be appropriate to some readers. If so, please discontinue to read the book if you feel uncomfortable.

Plagiarism is a crime and punishable by law.

Copyright by @PaoloBolalin
All Rights Reserved 2020

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 - The Guy Next Door

-----------------------------------------------------------

• • • Win's POV • • •

" Their shared love was nowhere to be found........

...... as they both parted their ways, wishing it was for the better. "

I mumbled, typing down the sentences in my laptop. My eyes are fixed on the screen as I felt my eyes squint due to too much exposure in radiation.

" THE END! "

I exclaimed, throwing my arms on the air as I genuinely feel satisfied ending the novel I just wrote during summer break.

I closed my laptop and made sure that I published the last chapter of my book online. I bet most of my readers are gonna be on their tissues right now as they read the last chapter.

" Win! Are you finished packing up your things? " , I stood up from my chair and quickly prepared my things as I heard my mother's voice.

" About time, Mae(mother)! Be down in a minute! " , I adjusted my voice a little bit louder so she can hear me.

A lie. I'm not even a halfway on packing my things.

All I did the moment I woke up is have breakfast, take a shower and face the laptop to continue writing my novels.

Tomorrow's my sophomore year in Faculty of Arts in the University. School year will start again and things will be quite messy again.

But I'm excited and can't wait to see my friends.

After I organized my luggages, I made sure everything I needed was already placed inside. I checked my watch and it's past 3 in the afternoon.

" Son, I've packed you dinner. " , my mom said while standing outside my room.

" Aw Mae, I'm gonna miss your cooking~ " , I pouted as I cling onto her arms.

" How about me? You won't miss your beloved mother? " , she teased as she caressed my hair

" Maeee, of course I will " , I gave her a warm smile as I hugged her tight.

" Okay okay, enough for drama. You have to go already " , my mom said as I saw her controlling her tears and it pains me so much to leave the house, but I had to.

I nodded as a response and carried my luggages downstairs.

" Your dad will facetime you later. He's still in a board meeting " , my mother explained

" I'll wait for that. I didn't even got the chance to talk to him last night " , I replied, with a little bit of disappointment in my tone.

I understand my dad's situation because he's working in States but I always crave for his time because we never had the chance to communicate a little longer.