Chapter 5 - Wrong Impression

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5 - Wrong Impression

-----------------------------------------------------------

• • • Third Person's POV • • •

It was past midnight, the air was cold, and the nightsky were full of dazzling stars. The night was peaceful, even the dormitory, except for two persons who are still fully awake and can't drift off to sleep.

And these people are Bright and Win.

Bright was busy listening to music through his airpods, while his pillows are stuffed into his face, trying to fall asleep.

Bright has a trauma which causes him to have sleeping problems. He's been experiencing this issue a lot and he's having a hard time dealing with it.

He tried several advices which he got on the Internet and some of it work but don't last.

He let out a deep sigh, and stood up as he grabbed his guitar and stepped outside his room. He felt the cool breeze hits his skin, as he sat outside his door.

The empty hallway of the dormitory was at peace and surrounded by wall lights which made the rooms visible. As he was about to close his eyes to relax, his phone went ringing.

It was Bright's dad who's in the other line.

" Hello? " , Bright answered, as he stood up and placed the guitar on the side of his door.

" Son, how are you in your dorm? You should've just stayed here in our house " , his father replied on the other line, still sad about Bright leaving their house just to stay away from his own dad.

" I'm good. It's better here than to see you living with that guy " , Bright coldly said, not caring of what's his father is gonna say.

Bright's dad is gay and it's been 4 years since his mother left him and his father. When his mother found out about his father's sexuality, she filed a divorce and lived on the U.S.

Bright didn't want to live with his mother because she's also not a good mother. She dates a lot of guys even though she has a husband.

For Bright, it's better to live on his own. But he still can't do that because his father still has the control over his life.

" Don't talk to your father like that! Why can't you just accept my relationship with him? Can't you let your dad be happy? " , his father asked, the feeling of disappointment and pain is present in his voice. He wanted to fix things right with Bright but it just messes things up.

" How about my happiness too? Did you ever think about your son's happiness? " , Bright questioned, full of anger in his voice.

There was a moment of silence between the conversation and Bright continued speaking.

" No. Because all you think is about yourself! You're just like mom " , Bright replied, his voice was almost like he's shouting at the other line but he controlled himself because it's midnight and he might make other people.

" Do you really think of your dad like that? I didn't left you but your mother did. I supported your financial needs and even help you get a good life. Now tell me, am I not enough to be a good father to you just because I have an affair with a man? " , his dad waited for an answer while wiping his tears.

" If you want to be a good father, end the tutor session I'll be having with Win " , Bright suggested, not paying attention to what his father just said a while ago.

" As much as I want to prove myself to you, son, I can't. I'm doing this for you. Win's tutor will help you a lot in your grades. Why do you hate the tutor session that much? " , his father asked, trying to make Bright understand everything he's doing for his son.

" Of course I hate it because you control me a lot. You did all the things you want......

....... You never even had the urge to ask Win's permission if he's into it or not. He might even think of me as a nuisance or a waste of time. And I dont want him to be mad at me just because of you. Think of what others too, you only care about yourself. " , Bright explained, hoping his dad would be able to get what he's trying to say.

" Contact me when you realized everything I said, dad. " , Bright said and ended the call. He let out a loud shout, as he kicked the wall in anger.

With everything that's going on, Bright never knew and expected that someone witnessed what happened the moment he started a conversation with his dad.

It was Win.

He was there the whole time.

~~~

(flashback)

Win was feeling stressed on his first day at school. He encountered a lot of surprises which are unbelievable, and one of it is the tutor session with Bright.

Win wanted to have a good life in college and improve his grades but tutoring someone like Bright will be a waste of time because he thinks Bright is hard to handle.

Due to this, Win cannot drift off to sleep. So what he did is he stepped out of his room to grab for fresh air.

And the moment he stepped out the room, he spotted a guitar outside Bright's door. And the next he spotted is Bright who just answered a phone call.

'Damn, he's probably flirting to a lot of girls around this time. Even at midnight, he's still awake!'  , Win thought and shooked his head in disbelief.

Win was about to go back to his room but when he witnessed everything, including Bright's conversation with his father on phone call,

he felt embarassed,

he felt so guilty of judging Bright,

and he felt so sorry and vulnerable.....

~~~

A/N: Hey guys! First of all, I wanna thank everyone because this book already reached a thousand readers!

You guys are amazing! I'm so happy and thank you all for those who votes and supports this book!

Anyways hope you like this chapter!

Let me know your thoughts at the comment section. Your comments means a lot to me, you guys : )))

ALSO, like before:

I'll be dedicating this chapter to the very first person who'll comment down below!

Remember: Bright and Win loves you!

Xoxo.