Isolation

Gio's bed^

Gio's POV

It's been two days since I ran into Lorenzo. My dad has locked me in my room since until he gets back later this evening. I still have no food and my water bottle is getting empty.

I haven't moved from my bed since he left. It's quite cold though. Before he left, he got drunk and beat me again. This time was bad. He left me with a bruised scattered body and my already black eye was worse. I could hardly see through it at this point. I think he might of broke one of my ribs.

He took my blanket and pillow and locked me in my room. I would've just left through my window again but he turned the alarm on before he left.

It sucks, I know. I should do something but I have no energy to do anything considering it's been almost a week without food.

Maybe when dad gets back, he'll be hammered enough to where he'll forget the alarm. I just want to leave. I want to see Lorenzo again. I shouldn't want too. I don't really know him.

He makes me feel something and I drawn to that. The aching in my chest when we touch makes me want too smile. He might be in the mafia and everyone might be scared of him but I think he has more potential then that.

I just meet him. I shouldn't be thinking about this. I need to focus on how to get out of this hell before I even think about a damn boy.

-

It was dark by the time my father got back and with every heavy stomp of his footsteps, climbing up the stairs made my heart speed up. I never liked this feeling and I will never get use to him coming in here to throw more punches.

He threw my door open and walked in. "Eat this and then go to the damn store. Don't forgot the damn beer boy!" He threw a sandwich at me and then stomped back down to the living room.

I let out a sigh of relieve. I'm surprised he didn't at least slap me and he gave me food, which is new.

I quickly ate it and put my shoes on before making my way down the stairs. I grabbed the money off the counter and quickly left after peeking my head in the living room to see he was already passed out. Thank goodness.

-

The stares were being thrown left and right as I made my way down the aisles. It made me queasy. I quickly hide my face under my jacket and started grabbing the items I needed.

It didn't take long to grab what I needed and get the hell out of there and away from the cruel and uneasy looks.

I went home, unloaded the groceries before checking to see if he was still sleeping, which he was. And with that, I went on my way to the park.

I just wanted to see if he would be there. I wanted a different distraction. He made me feel different inside and all I knew was that it felt good.

-

Here I was, for the past hour, laying on the grass, waiting. Maybe it's good he hasn't showed up yet because I've been crying over my ribs. They felt broken again and I had a feeling he broke them again when he beat my before he left.

Everything just hurt and I couldn't get it to stop.

I stood up and had totally forgot about Lorenzo and started making my way down the street.

I didn't get far before bumping into someone. I just can't stop making a fool out of myself, huh?

I muttered a small, 'sorry' before shuffling to the left to let them by. But they didn't move so I lifted my head. Lorenzo was standing in front of me and was giving me a weird look.

"Please don't look at me like everyone else." I simply whispered. He fixed his demeanor and narrowed his eyes.

"What happened and why are you crying?" I simply shrugged and went to walk away. I didn't want to be around him like this.

"Gio, don't run away. Let me help." I turned back around and stared him down.

"Give me one reason why I should trust you." I broke eye contact in fear of breaking down again. My god damn body was tired and hurt like a bitch.

"I'm not who I look like." He then put his hand on my shoulder before trailing his hand to my chin and lifting my head up to look at him. "Tell me what's wrong."

That's all it took for me to break down and clench onto him for dear life. "Everything hurts so bad."