Safety

Lorenzo's POV

It was the next day and we were currently all coped up in my father living room going over how to find exactly to find Gio.

Father had several groups of people on computers and several going over other files and what not.

This was getting aggravating. It's been too long and I already know his father has done some damage. I know Gio is hurting and hurting badly.

I blame myself for not getting out of the car that day and fighting for him. I blame myself for not saving him and all I want is him back.

It wasn't until mid afternoon that they got a hit.

"Sir, we found out that the town that they're in is the same town they lived in when Gio's mother was still alive. Now my instinct is telling me that they are in the same house from all those many years ago seeing how that would be the only comfortable place he would like to be and the house is on the market at the moment, so that gives him all the reason he needs to be there." One of the techs informed us.

Father shook his head before glancing at me. "You better be right about this." He said before the room. I followed him and heard him on the phone with one of his men that ran our armed security. He called and told them to gear up and that we were al leaving in 15 minutes.

I didn't wait though, I couldn't. I grabbed the location from the computer screens blasted across the living room and raced to my car.

I had to save him. My baby was hurting and with these past 2 months, I needed to get him now.

"Lorenzo, you can't go by yourself. He has his men and they're most likely armed. Just wait until our men get here and we'll head there together." He said right after he raced outside after me.

"Dad, please. He's hurting. The next 15 minutes it takes them to get their shit together and everyone on the road, Gio could be getting more hurt or for all we know, end up dead." I shouted before getting in my car and speeding away.

It's not like it would take long for them to speed up and catch up to me on the highway or even the interstate. But I needed to get to him now.

-

Gio's POV

Another punch and another kick to the gut. They had tied me up and put a rag in my mouth so that way people no one can hear my screams.

They have been beating me all night and day because they still have no information on the Moretti family and they're blaming me, even though I stayed out of their business.

I was currently laying in the floor, barely awake. It hurt so bad but I was trying my hardest to not show it. I didn't want them making it hurt worse.

Father and his men, which was only 4 other people, were in the living room. They weren't being quiet so I heard everything they were saying and it was so pathetic.

There was no way they were going to pull off their plan with just the five of them. My father thinks he is a genius when really he's gonna get himself killed. (Which would be okay with me but no one had to know that). The Moretti family is loaded with a force that could kill them within seconds.

My father walked back in and grabbed my arm to sit my back up in a sitting position.

"It's really pathetic if you think about it. You're an ugly piece of shit. Your mum didn't love you, I don't love you, and Lorenzo definitely doesn't love you."

"That's not true. You're lying." I whimpered out. My mum loved me. Lorenzo said he loved me.

"Why would I lie boy? You're mum killed herself to get away from you and Lorenzo hasn't tried to come and get you either. Can you really call that love?" He questioned.

I stayed quiet. I didn't know how to answer that. Life was great before she killed herself so I have no idea why she did. Lorenzo said he did, I believed him.

"Awe look at you. So pitiful and crying like a baby." He smirked before pushing me back on the ground right after putting the rag back into my mouth.

He kicked me in the stomach and then kicked me another time in the face which caused my nose to start bleeding. It should've hurt a lot worse but my face was already bruised pretty much. I was getting use to it again.

With that he left the room and started yelling at his men. Which left me wallowing away in my thoughts about what he said. I couldn't help but tear up at the thought of Lorenzo not loving me. I knew my mom loved me, he couldn't change my mind.

-

Lorenzo's POV

I arrived at the house along with my father and our men right behind me. They caught up with me eventually. We were sitting outside the house, waiting for our men to gear up seeing how we just arrived. I was so anxious to go in and get him.

My father wasn't letting me go in right away. He wanted everyone to go in at once so I had an advantage to get to Gio.

"Alright boys, let's head in. You all know the plan. Now move!" My father shouted.

It was all a blur from there. We all headed in, me being the last so that way they could gun down them down.

They entered the house and everything went so fast. Our men cornered everyone, as I went to find Gio.

I heard gunshot after gunshot, which made me flinch for the first time in my life. I was so scared right now but I needed to continue.

I looked in every room until I got to the very back room that was pitch black. I flicked the light on to see my baby boy laying on the ground covered in blood.

I raced over to him after turning the light on and picked him up in my arms. "Baby boy?" I whispered whilst I moved the hair out of his face. I took the gag out of his mouth and untied his hands.

"Gio, I'm here." I said as I stroked his face to wake him up. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me with such emotion. I carried him out to my car and sat him in the backseat.

"Baby boy, you're safe now. I got you, finally." I told him as I sat with him and pulled him into my lap. He didn't speak which made me examine the injuries he sustained. He was beaten up pretty badly. He has blood allover him too.

He started bawling and hugged me like his life depended on it. "Shh, it's over. They're dead." I told him as I rubbed his back.

I pulled back and handed him some water. He looked pretty skinny again.

"I missed you so much." I said once again. "Gio say something." I pleaded as he continued to sit in my lap and silently cry.

He laid his head on my chest and finally spoke. "I love you so much, Lo. Please don't ever leave me. He said you didn't love me because it was taking you so long to find me. Please, I love you." He cried as he fisted my shirt in his hands.

"Baby boy, you are the source of my existence. I love you so much it hurts. Not being able to find you was brutal. I love you Gio." I told him before kissing the top of his head and gently stroking his back.

"It hurts so much. Everything does." He whispered whilst sitting back up and getting off my lap to lay his head in my lap instead.

"I know, love. We'll make you feel better once we get home. It won't take long." He nodded before falling asleep once more.

I sat there for a solid minute or two before my father came up to the door and opened it.

"Is he okay?" He lowly said since Gio was asleep. I nodded and leaned my head back against the headrest.

"Thank you, father." I whispered. "Anything for family, son." He replied before shutting the door and assigning one of the men to drive me and Gio back since I was holding him.

All I can say now is thank god my baby is okay and back with me.