Sight

Lorenzo's POV

It was the moment I woke up and heard the crying in the bathroom, I knew something was wrong.

I shot out of bed and walked my way to the door of the bathroom. "Gio?" I questioned whilst knocking on the door.

"I'm-I'm sorry if I woke you up." He said and then a couple minutes later he open the door. He had tear stained cheeks but when I traveled my eyes up his face, his right eye was swollen shut.

"What happened, baby doll?" I questioned as I picked him up and carried him to the bedroom to dress him, seeing how I had to take him to the doctor.

"I just woke up and it was swollen. It-It hurts Lorenzo." I nodded and hurried to dress him.

"I know, honey. We're going to the doctor right now. It's okay." I told him, as I picked him up again and hurried to the car.

-

Devastation was the key word of the day. Seeing the look on Gio's face when the doctor told him that he would never get his vision back in his right eye, was devastating.

The look of dread on his face, torn at my heart. He hasn't stopped crying for the past 30 minutes.

I picked him up from the doctors office chair and carried him out to my car. I called out a 'goodbye' to my father and exited the house.

I sat him in the car and began our drive to the house. "It'll be okay, baby doll." I whispered to him.

"It's all his fault." He whispered back before turning towards the window and closing his eyes.

I carried him into the house, after our short car ride, seeing how he had fallen asleep. I laid him on the couch as I began preparing lunch for us.

-

Gio's POV

I opened my eyes to come face to face with the back of the couch cushion. I rolled over and glanced at the clock to see that I was only asleep for about 20 minutes.

I heard Lorenzo in the kitchen so I sat up and walked into the kitchen. I leaned against the door frame when I noticed Lorenzo was making us some lunch whilst dancing. I let out a small laugh which seemed to get his attention.

"Lunch is ready." He gently spoke as he sat the plates on the table. "Thank you." I whispered as I made my way to the table, not without bumping into the counter top.

We both froze. I didn't want to seem like I needed help. For god's sake I had one eye left. I know he froze because he knew I didn't want help but wanted me to be okay.

"I'm alright, let's just eat." I spoke as I smoothly made my way to the table. "Thank you, again, for lunch."

"It's no problem, babe. I figured you were hungry considering we have been gone all day."

"I don't want this to be a big deal, you know?" I told him whilst devouring my food. I didn't want this to define me. I couldn't let this become a big deal. I will be okay.

"You got it, baby. Nothing has change. You're still the same Gio I met in that park months ago.", He said, giving me a slight smile.

"You'll be okay, my love. You're a fighter. You can get through this. We can get through this together." He said whilst leaning over the table and giving me a quick kiss.

This man will definitely be the death of me.

(I know this chapter is short and sucks but I haven't been in the mood to write lately but hope ya'll still enjoy.)