𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

Soon after receiving the Hogwarts letter a new owl appeared at the window at midday, it was from Ron! He agreed that they should meet, and they decide that they would talk over what they were going to to do. Hermiones heart was basically exploding at the fact that she would get to see her lover again after so long! They arranged to meet at the willow fly cafe and have a nice dinner together.

when they both had arrived at the cafe hermione jumped in to his arms and he gave her a kiss! it wasn't as enthusiastic as usual but hermione overlooked that thinking it was just because they hadn't seen each other for so long. when they had stepped into the cafe a waiter greeted the and sat them down in a booth and asked for their drink choices.

"butter beer please with a little bit of fire whiskey", said a very cheerful hermione smiling at the waiter, "of course! and for you sir?"grinned the waiter.

"uh,i'll have a butter beer too", he looked occupied, "of course!" replied the waiter

Ron looked down at the menu and read it for to long as the had always come here on dates and had always gotten the same things, but maybe tonight he was getting something different for a change? whatever it didn't matter, as long as they were together that was all that mattered.

"so how was your summer, Ron?"questioned a concerned hermione

"oh, it was fine", he looked startled, like he woke up from a trance or something. "I met up with Dean and Neville for around a week , but that was about all i did that was interesting, what about you, what did you do?" he changed the subject considerably fast,considering that he was the one who invited her to come with.

his mind seems to be on somebody else

"my summer? oh it was fine just the same old-same-old. me and my parents went to Africa to study the history there though and that was pretty interesting"she finished with a sigh and he looked up. "do you have something on your mind Ron cause i'm right here and you know you can always talk to me"

oh no, hes going to say it.

he looked at her as though she had just slapped him. he started up his speech that she could see that he was forming behind his lips...

"hermione i love you and will always love, but i don't love you in the way you love me, i love you like a sister. i have found someone that i could love more than i could love you, i hope you know that we can still be friends." he looked up and gave me pleading eyes.

at that moment the waiter came with our drinks and asked if we needed anything else.

"not at the moment no" she responded in a fairly calm voice, but even she could hear though the mask that she wore trembled. as soon as the waiter walked away she whispered in a barely audible whisper

"who do you love more than me Ron? who was better than the one who would protect you at all costs?"

she waited for an answer. his voice cracked as he said,

"lavender brown"

her face exploded as soon as she heard that wrenched name. "lavender brown! you love lavender brown more than me?! she has less love for you than she has brains!" hermione stood up and flung the butter beer at Ron and hissed, "i hope you feel how much of any idiot you are, and if you don't i'll show you." then sprinted out of the cafe and stopped long enough to hiss at the waiter, 'put it on his tab'

-632