𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

they have started to go to classes and they do see their friends. i just felt like i should put this in here

after that night hermione was quiet and didn't talk to draco much, only answering the questions that he asked, keeping to herself.

♢♢♢

hermione and draco were sitting across from each other when suddenly draco yelped, her name. "HERMIONE." she jumped and looked up from her papers, "you can't keep ignoring me! were supposed to be partners and your giving me the cold shoulder, and i just can't keep doing this! i'm sorry for what i did when we were little, but i can't change that" he put his head on the table and covered it with his toned arms. hermiones brown eyes started to fill with tears, "i'm sorry i yelled at you and i'm sorry that i've been ignoring you and i'm sorry that i've been mean to you." her voice cracked and she buried her face in her hands and started to sob.

draco, not knowing what to do, stood up and went to sit beside her to rub her back, but as he sat down she flung herself on to him and buried her face into his shoulder, "hey, hey, whats wrong?" he wrapped his arms around he and she sobbed harder. after a few minutes of draco trying to calm her down and hermione crying, she pulled her face away from his shoulder and tried to wipe her tear stains of his shirt, "i'm sorry, i don't usually do stuff like that, i don't know what got into me." she wiped her nose on her arm and put her hand down on the table.

"hermione, it's fine." he placed his own hand over hers, "i wish i had somebody to cry on sometimes." she looked at him and her forehead creased, "but you do. you have me, right?" he nodded slowly at her and she stood up, "i'm going to go for a walk, ill be back soon." hermione grabbed her back and started towards the door. "granger?" hermione looked back, " i'm really sorry.." hermione nodded and walked out of the common room.

hermione was walking through the gradens as the sun was going down and people were starting to head back into their common rooms when she felt somebody staring at her but when she turned around she couldn't see anyone. but the war had taught her that being stared at was dangerous. hermione was walking along the lake when she hears somebody running up from behind her.

she whipped around her wand grasped in her hand, ready to hex whoever it was. ron was running towards her panting and she lowered her wand, "what do you want ronald?" she said it with so much malice that he flinched, "hey 'mione..." hermione glared and ron glanced down at his feet, "what do you want?" ron had caught up with her now, " i was coming to say sorry, 'mione" hermione rolled her eys and countinued walking, "i just couldn't really feel what you felt and lavender gave me all of her love and was always with me. and i know that you lived a ways away, but you could have come to visit me!" hermione was almost at her breaking point. "and i want you to know that i will always love you, but not like that, just as friends."

hermione whipped around to face him, "i hope that your happy with lavender, because you are a horrible person and so is your horrible girlfriend!" hermione slapped him and started to run back to the castle, tears streaming down her tanned face. as hermione reached her common room, she was clutching a stitch in her ribs and was panting from running so hard and fast. opening the door she saw draco sitting at their kitchen table reading. "malfoy?" he looked up and smiled but saw the look on her face, "whats wrong?" hermione shook her head and stompped up the stairs.

as hermione went up the stairs draco sighed and countinued to look at her book. it was a small old and worn copy of moby dick. draco who had almost never read muggle books was intriuged and had found it in her trunk while he was going to do the twos laundry and was just picking them all up. draco who was so lost in his thoughts didn't see or hear hermione walk up beside him.

she tapped his should an he jumped in fright, "granger!" hermione blushed, hey i was going to ask you if you knew where my pyjamas were.." draco frowned, "i was going to wash them but i remberred that i had homework to do.. and now i don't rember where i put them" he said sheepishly.hermione shruged and hugged him around his neck, said goodnight, and ran back up the stairs, leaving draco in shock.

hermione ran into the bedroom and pulled on of draco shirt over her head and tucked herself into bed.

-842