𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐩

am i smiling because of draco malfoy? oh but hes changed for the better, maybe i'll be happy with him!

hermione sighed and closed the door and ran up to Ginnys apartment, who had owled to hermione the night before, along with their password, and threw open the door, to see Ginny snogging Harry on the couch. hermione closed the door as silently ans she could and went to sit at their kitchen table. soon harry pulled his lips away from ginny and stood up, kissing her head. when he twisted his head around he saw hermione and yelped, "hermione!" which drew Ginnys attention.

"hermione!'-she smiled and jumped up off of the couch but then her face turned into a glare-'how long have you been there?" she pointed her finger at hermione and hermione smirked, "not long." she changed the subject, "how have you guys been dealing with this? the law, i mean" ginny rolled her eyes and sat down beside her. "harry and I were already dating so nothing has REALLY changed, other than we have to have kids a lot sooner than we expected. but thats fine!" she took Harrys hand in hers and squeezed it.

"how have you been keeping up? with Malfoy, i mean." Ginny raised her eyebrows, pursing her lips and hermione sighed. "well he was a prick last night but, in the morning he apologized, for last night i mean. not for all of these years."the trio talked until it was getting dark, catching up on what everyone did during the summer. hermione looked out the window and noticed that the sun was going down and said, "hey guys it was great talking to you, but i have to get back. i'm sure Malfoys hungry, but we can talk tomorrow." Ginny nodded and stood up to hug hermione, who walked out waving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when hermione walked through the portrait door, she got a strong whiff of something burning and ran into the kitchen to find draco with an apron on swatting smoke from the oven away, coughing. "malfoy! what are you doing?!" he grimaced and closed the oven, "i was trying to make dinner, but this stupid muggle contraption burnt my food, not that it was going to be good anyway." hermione opened back up the oven and ran over to the window to open it and ran back to turn the oven off. "draco, you could have just waited for me to get back, you didn't have to do this." he grunted and went to sit at the table. hermione sighed and waved out the smoke. 

"what were you trying to make anyways?" draco sighed and shook his head, " i was trying to make steak." hermione pulled out the smoking pan and set it down, "i can see that, but i'm just going to make mac-and-cheese, does that sound good?" draco eyebrows pulled together and asked, "what in the bloody hell is that?" hermione went to the cabinet and started to grab things, as she did, she tried to start a conversation.   

"so what did you do while i was gone?" she turned to him her arms full of ingredients, and he shrugged, "i watched a, movie, is that what you called it?" she nodded and smiled urging him to go on, "and then when it finished i read a book....-why are you being so nice to me?" hermione shrugged and said, "well if im going to have to marry you and have children with you, then i might as well have some kind of relationship with you!" he nodded and went to stand behind her and she barley reached his shoulder .

"so how do you make mac-and-cheese anyways?" he looked over her shoulder, and she looked at him, smiling, "here you, can help me make it! just keep stirring" and she handed the spoon to him, and sat down. she pulled out a book from her bag and started to read. while her head was shoved in her book draco watched her and found that just looking at her just made him feel, calm, like nothing could harm him while he was with her. without realizing he was staring she looked up and asked, "what are you looking at? oh shoot, does my hair look bad?!" he shook his head and she snorted, "what does it matter, i'm in my own house anyways"

after a few minutes she looked up and saw him standing very still and glaring at the noodles and she felt an impulse to hug him. she jumped up and ran towards him and flung her arms around him. draco stumbled back a few steps and grunted, hermione looked up at him, "whats wrong?" her forehead creased, and draco steadied himself and said, "i didn't really expect that but OK". and placed his hands cold hands on her warm back.

am i really falling for her? i mean she is nice and she knows how to cook and she- DRACO GET YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE GAME  

  she grinned and let go, "i don't know. i guess you looked kind of sad....- were you? do you want me to do the noodles? oh crap! the noodles, there going to be overcooked!"  she grabbed the pot off of the stove and dumped them into the sink. "Granger! you just dumped the noodles down the sink! why did you do that?!"  he looked over at her and noticed that she was smirking, "Malfoy, i didn't dump them down the drain, come look." he stepped towards her and saw the strainer and turned back to her with a glare. "i thought i was going to starve, and thats not really how i wanted it to-hey don't laugh!" 

hermione was leaning over laughing her head off, "i'm-i'm sorry, but have you never cooked before?" he shook his head and she snorted again and a smile crept onto his face.

hermione smacked his arm and his face turned disbelieving, "what did you do that for?" she went to put the noddles back into the pot, "because you should have waited for me to come back and now the place is full of nasty smelling smoke!" he shook his head at her and watched her put cheese into the pot of noodles. "hey granger" she 'hmm'ed' and he continued, "i really hope that we can make this work"  she stopped stirring the cheese and and turned around.

"same, but if it doesn't work we can't really do any thing, soo, start falling in love with me!" she pointed the spoon at him and he smiled, "i'm really sorry about you and Weasley, but are you to going to be friends again?" hermione paused and said, "well he was a pretty big jerk, but at least he tried to come clean. but i'm not sure." she turned back around and continued stirring.

while she wasn't looking draco pulled he bag from off of the ground and started to go through it. once he reached a small, worn, looking book he finally spoke, "whats this?" as hermione turned around her eyes widened and she gasped and ran forwards, reaching for the little book. "malfoy! give it to me right now or so help me!" he smirked and held it just out of her reach, "is this your, Diary?" hermione jumped for it and he brought it up higher, "what if i looked through it, hmmm?" 

hermione being on her last straw, punched him in the gut with all her strength and when he lent over clutching his gut, "the hell was that for?" she glared with all her might and went back to the noodles, for taunting me, and i can do it again if you do that again." she glared at him some more and when he broke her gaze she turned to stir ferociously.

-1311