Chapter one

Hey everyone, Thank you for all your encouraging words and comments I know it's been forever but I am sorta back. And this is probably not the update you all wanted but this is the first of many to come. Anyway I've re-edited this chapter because my writing was bogus and sucked ass as well as physically pained myself to read so I had to fix it. It was soooooo cringy. Like ew. (That being said this could still kinda suck) Anyway,

Hope you enjoy 😊

The Highlady of the Night Court, Feyre Archeron, was sitting at the dining table with the inner circle and her sisters. However, the meal they all were eating had become rather unappetising as the had begun discussing what Hybern's next move might be and ways to defeat them. It was in that moment that a swirling mass of black and purple began to appear, like a tear in the universe, flashing sparkles like stars. As the tear began to rip further the silhouette of a coffin like shape seemed to slowly slide out of the tear. It fell from the portal onto the dining table with a loud slam, and with it everyone startled, jumped away from the table. Nesta darted out to pull Elain behind her as if to protect her by herself.

The coffin silhouette was darkness, it was unaffected by the light in the room. Then both the portal and the dark shadow that was the coffin shape, seemed to seep back into the surrounding nature. Like a puddle drying up. The dark coffin was now revealed to be made out of iron. The outside of the iron coffin was revealed, along with it were the thick chains wrapped around it. It had dark rust stains around the door and its face had a small vent built into it. Magic ebbed from within the it and rasping breaths were drawn in by, what was decidedly a creature, that seemed to be sleeping. Feyre's wide and startled eyes darted between it and her mate's eyes.

Cassian spoke, "What... is it?"

With the exception of its wet, rasping breaths, silence reigned the room. Rhys was the one to shatter the silence. "...Amren?"

"I'm... not quite... sure..." Armen's cold eyes stared at the locked coffin, as if she could see the waves of magic that was overflowing from the coffin. "It's... powerful. Very powerful," She lifted her head up as she scented the coffin, "And..." she took another sniff. "...Hurt?" Her head tilted.

She took a step closer to the coffin, everyone in the room tensed, but she continued forward unaffected. Her finger ran along the rusted edge of the coffin door, but it appeared that the rust easily came off, she held up her hand to show it on her fingertips, "It's blood." Feyre's eyes widened. "This creature, I don't know what it is, I know that this blood is it's , but I cant tell what it is. However this creature, it is seriously injured."

Rhys also looked surprised. "So there's a seriously powerful, seriously injured creature, sitting on our dinning room table. We have no idea where it came from, why it's here, and in fact we have no idea what it even is." He rubbed his forehead. "Let's for now move an empty room, until we decide what, exactly we should do."

A whine from inside the box could be heard as Cassian and Azriel moved the coffin.

~

Outside the room that the box had been newly relocated to Cassian was first to voice his worries. "It could be a plot of Hybern. Perhaps they sent this creature to destroy us, Amren did say it was very powerful."

Amren's eyes flited up to Rhys, "Or perhaps it could be the thing to destroy them." With the attention of everyone she continued, "I did say whatever was in that box was mighty, nevertheless it is very wounded, and sealed away. If it is a ploy from Hybern, it doesn't make sense why they would send it that way, it very clearly can't do anything while stuck in that box. And frankly, we are the most powerful court in Prythian, if any one could destroy, or tame such a creature to defeat Hybern, it'd be us."

Feyre looked to Rhys, could see his eyes assessing the problem at hand, could feel his thoughts fliting through his mind and could hear the gears turning and clicking into place. "But we don't know, do we? I think we should leave it, for now, get some sleep and make a decision in the morning."

~

It was late at night when the screaming started, a horrid sound. That told of infinite pain. Feyre and Rhys startled awake, their eyes met across the bed, as they came to the same conclusion. The coffin. The creature.

~

Everyone seemed to come to the same conclusion, as they met in the room the coffin was in. "Should we... open it?" Cassian asked, then smirked. "I'm convinced by Amren's insight," He nodded his head in the direction of the window, light had crested the mountains. "And you did say you'd make a decision in the morning."

Rhys and Feyre made eye contact a silent debate between them, then she nodded. Rhys spoke, "We'll... release it. But I want it secured the instant that box is open."

Rhysand reached out with his dark gift, breaking the iron chains surrounding the coffin, then used it to wretch it open. With a metallic whine the iron gave way, revealing the features of the creature to everyone in that room, they were shocked speechless. "...A human girl?" Feyre whispered under her breath. The ebb that had come from the box had vanished, and in it's place there was eyes that revealed hatred. She spoke her voice raspy, "What the fuck, took you so long to open this fucking box?!"seemingly echoing in the small room, then she promptly leaned over the edge of the box and threw up.

Well I'm happy with how this turned out, hope you all enjoyed!

Merry Christmas

-G