Chapter nine

Hi guys I know its been a while, I'm so sorry, they cancelled exams this year however they instead decided to do giant assessments, which are all due with in these two up coming weeks, and some teachers are also doing tests so, I'll write when I can! hopefully this will be a long chapter. It was just so hard to write, because well there was so many possibilities, anyway hope you enjoy!

-the dreaded pirate Roberts        wink*(I have many names) wink*
8—————————————————8
Amren's POV 
I had been studying the book of breathings, when those, dark, things had appeared seeming to swallow the night sky. Being as old as I am, I had seen many things, but not these. Even from down here I can smell the disgusting, decay, and rot. They were not from this world; they were not from any world. A disgusting hybrid, made by who, was the question, but one for later. Another darkness spread across the whole city, one with stars intertwined with it.

When the newcomer had appeared, I had wanted to see her for myself, but I had almost cracked the book, meaning that visit could come for later. However, when I had heard she was human and that she seemed to radiate power, I suspected that she couldn't use it, like me perhaps stuck in a form she wasn't meant for. Not that she could use magic, but simply chose not to.  But when I had rushed out to help the others, seeing them struggle. So the last thing I had expected; was to see a foreign blond-haired face, floating as she amassed the power around her. I could feel the shift, though, the way the world seemed to bend to the way she used her magic.

The amount of power that she had displayed had worried me. She had taken on 5000 of these things, and they were magic resistant, and I was willing to bet she still had some left in the tank. She was currently unconscious before me, and glowing lightly, as a fae. Another thing that had worried me, she was currently fae. I was told she was human and I'm guessing she was until about half an hour.

I was inspecting her skin closely, to see if there were any tracings of a glamor. Tracings usually looked a dark pine green, in the shape of eye. See the thing is when a glamour is used it always leaves a small tracing, your unable to find, unless you look for it. I turned to Rhys narrowing my eyes at him, "Why is she asleep, did you knock her out?"

Rhys shook his head, "I'm guessing some sort of magic fatigue." he sighed, I shook my head, stressing about this was not going to help, and with the war, and keeping track of hybern.........

I inspected her neck, her arms, she didn't seem as hot now, just about as warm as sunlight. She had many scars on her but, nowhere on her body could I see a tracing, "Well..............I can't see any tracings so I have no clue how she did it, unless she can shapeshift, perhaps."

There were just too many mysteries about this girl. I had little clue on how she could have done it. But this whole ordeal was wasting my time, we weren't going to get any answer until she wakes up. However, we have no clue when that will be.

I looked back to see Cassian with a hard look on his face, If I was being honest he looked kind of constipated, He sighed, "So, what is she? Fae or human?"
I answered him, "Both."
Cassian's was still hard, he didn't seem to know what to think. "Is she a spy? From the day court or autumn?"
The thought seemed to bounce around the group, but it was Morrigan that spoke, "I don't think she's from the autumn court, with the amount of power she has.........you know how they treat the females there; she wouldn't have ever been able to train."
Azriel sighed, scarting the back of his head, "I pretty sure we would have recognized her, if she was from any court. You can't just keep that sort of power contained. As well as don't forget how she got here, in an iron coffin." It was a rather extreme measure, but why iron? It has no effect on faeries, that just what the humans pass around as gossip.
Rhys nodded along, then glanced from Azriel to Aelin, "I think I have a way of getting some information."
We all lifted our brows, I was curious what he could say to get this girl talk, as I'm sure the others are too. She defeated cassian, "By making a deal."
Cassian groaned, as we exited the room, and mumbled, "Cause, that went so well, last time." From the unsure glances back at the girl I suppose we all had the same opion.
Rhys announced as we started to disperse "in five days we have a meeting with the high lords, at the day court, you'll need to look sharp." Another opertunity to buy more jewrely not problem-Oh I have those ones that Varian sent and so many things to pick from, I can't wait!

Aelin's POV
Waking up after using magic, actually feels pretty good, I felt fully rested, and completely awake. As I stood up I remembered one side effect of it. Bathroom. After going to the bathroom, I walked down the stairs. It seemed to be just before midday. I walked down the stairs cautiously not wanting to set anyone off, I walked into the living room, but it seemed like no one was here I could wait but....... I felt impatient and hungry. "Hello?"

Almost immediately I heard different foots steps, I smelt a few different smells as well. I kind of forgot how it is to be fae. They seemed to be taking forever..........

8—————————————————8
Guys I'm going to keep writing, hopefully a new chapter update within this week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did anyone get my princess bride reference??
Did I do a good impression of Amren?
Do I need to add anything?