The Purple Ooze

Back at the lair the girls were happy to have another person in on the secret of the guys. They showed Casey around the lair, and by the look on his face, he seemed impressed. Everyone gathers around Donnie's lab as he starts talking about how the purple ooze will help them find Bebop and Rocksteady. 

"If this purple ooze was injected into Bebop and Rocksteady's bloodstream, it's feasible that were I to pinpoint a singular isotopic signature, I may be able to use it to track their location." Donnie explains. Daisy was, least to say very impressed with Donnie when he was talking science. That's what she loves most about him.

"And if we find them, then we find Shredder. Put them all in shackles!" Casey adds. "And as long as we all have our hockey masks, what could go wrong? Raph jokes as he does sit ups on a pipe and pops Mikey's soccer ball. 

"Seriously? Now I'm taking wardrobe advice from a couple of Swamp Things... living in an underground amusement park, and have, forgive me, the most pretentious names ever." Casey mocks, but the girls were not happy about him mocking their amazing boyfriends.

"Excuse me, they are not 'Swamp Things,' they are turtles, who happen to know ninjutsu quite well. PLUS, they are our boyfriends." Ember corrects him as her friends stand by her, all giving Casey glares. "And excuse me, I named them." April adds. Casey hears rustling and turns to see Master Splinter. "Guys. Nobody move. Don't move!" Casey whispers. 

Everyone looks at him, wondering why he was being paranoid, since it was only Splinter. "There is a giant rat back there." Casey says, staring in fear at Splinter. Then Addie and Ember see their boyfriends have certain looks on their faces. 'Uh-oh.' They both thought.

"Yeah, we've uh, seen him around here before." Raph says smirking. Mikey nods following his brother's joke. Leo mouthed 'No' to him, while shaking his head. Ember tried to get him to stop by mouthing 'No' as well, but Raph was listening. Mikey wasn't even going to be stopped by Addie. 

"You know, there's only one way to get rid of him." Raph says to Casey. "You gotta get low." "Low! Yeah." Mikey adds. Leo tries to signal his brothers to stop, but they just ignore him. "When you go at him, you got to go fast, and you got to go hard." Raph 'points out' to Casey. Everyone behind Casey tries not to laugh. Addie can't quite hold it in much longer. "We believe in you, Casey Jones. It's all you, bro." Mikey cheers for him. "Three, two, one, go!" Mikey yells.

Everyone watches as Casey runs to Splinter, but he is easily beaten by the giant rat. "Giant rat, 1. New guy, 0." Splinter says joking along with his sons. Raph and Mikey laugh and high-three each other. "I can't believe it was that easy. I almost thought he wasn't gonna do it for a second." Raph says as everyone surrounds Casey, who is still on the floor. "We really should have people over more often." Mikey says. The girls laugh so hard, they can't believe how easily Casey fell for that.

The girls decide to leave the lair. They have some homework they needed to get done, so they each give a goodbye kiss to their turtle, and head out. 

But before Daisy left she approached Donnie in his lab. "Hey Donnie, so, if you discover anything new about the ooze, you'll let me know, right?" She asks. Donnie smiles at her and says. "Of course, My Flower. I would never keep a secret from you." He assures her as he places his hand on her cheek. She smiles up at him and gives him one last kiss before she leaves. 

"I love you my genius turtle." 

"And I love you, My beautiful Flower."

Once the girls leave, Donnie starts to work on the ooze. "All right, Donnie, you got this." Donnie says aloud to his self. He exhales out and puts the slide that had some of the purple ooze under his microscope. "Okay. Dissolve the Quadra-helix bonds and reverse the cohesion." He starts to say as he makes each lens smaller, looking closer at the ooze. "Wait. That would mean..." He pauses thinking about what he might have just discovered. "Is it really possible?" He asks aloud.

*Skip to Daisy and Sapphire at Daisy's house*

Daisy's POV

Sapphire and I are in my room doing our homework for science class. I can't help but let my mind wander to the purple ooze. I wonder about what else this ooze can do besides turn people into animals. "D, are you okay?" I was snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Sapphire. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry, I was just thinking." I said to her, as I turned my attention back to the books. 

"You were wondering about the purple ooze, weren't you?" Saph asks me. I sighed and nodded my head. "I just keep wondering what else it can do? We know it can turn people into animals, but I don't know what else." I said looking down. 

"Hey, you have the smartest boyfriend in the world. If anyone can discover the secret about the purple ooze, it's Donnie." Sapphire says as se places her hand on my shoulder. I nodded and smiled at her. "Your right. Donnie will figure it out. And he said he'll let me know what he has discovered soon." I smiled knowing that I can believe in Donnie's amazing brain. I know Donnie will tell me soon, because we don't keep secrets from each other.

Third person's POV

Once Donnie finally concluded his discovery about the purple ooze, he took a small portion of the ooze in a small vile. He runs carefully over to Leo, wanting to show his oldest brother what he just discovered. Despite his promise to Daisy to tell her first. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Leo!" Donnie says running over to his brother. Repeating his name a few more times. "My gosh. My gosh. This is amazing! Leo, Leo. Okay. You're not going to believe this." Donnie says. 

He takes a breather and restarts. "Okay, I made a solution from a sample of the purple ooze, right, to expedite analysis of the isotope? But while I was waiting for it to catalyze, I started thinking, if the purple ooze can turn humans into animals, perhaps if properly reengineered...Watch this." 

Donnie says as Leo gets up from his seat wondering what Donnie discovered. Donnie takes the vile and drops some of the ooze onto his three-fingered hand, which changes into a five-fingered hand. "It could turn us into humans." Donnie says staring at awe at his hand, which then quickly turns from five fingers, back to three.

Leo was pondering about this discovery. He wondered that if it was possible to become human, then he wouldn't have to watch Sapphire from the shadows anymore. He could go out in broad daylight, take her to a restaurant for a date. 

"If we could get our hands on more of this stuff, it could be life changing! We can finally take our girlfriends out in daylight for dates. Not having to watch them from the shadows anymore." Donnie says, being so happy that he can be with Daisy during daytime.

Leo knew that, even though it could help them improve their relationships with the girls, he didn't want to risk the lives of his family. "We don't need that kind of change." Leo says bluntly to Donnie. Donnie looked upset, but he knew not to mess with something that shouldn't be tampered with. 

"Okay. You're right. To blend in with humans could compromise our strategic advantage. We have a system that works. We shouldn't mess with the formula." Donnie says in a monotone, but sad voice. As he starts to walk away Leo stops him. "And Donnie. Listen. You can't say a word of this to the others. Not even the girls." Leo orders his brother. 

Donnie hated lying. Especially to Daisy. He was upset that he couldn't tell Daisy, but he can't go against Leo's orders. As they both separate, unknown to them, the youngest turtle brother heard the whole thing. Thinking about being human, about being outside in daylight with his girlfriend. How would the girls feel if they knew that the purple ooze could turn the turtles human?