Chapter 10: Plans

With her subtle "yes", Can smiled and looked deeply into Sanem's eyes to make sure that she was accepting his proposal. What he saw there was love, pure and sweet. He saw a fierce loyalty and respect for him as a man and not just for a famous photographer. He hoped his eyes reflected the same back to her. Sanem smiled the most beautiful smile Can had ever seen and it almost left him breathless. She looked him directly in his deep brown eyes and plainly and clearly said "yes, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to marry you".
They didn't hide their engagement in front of their co-workers but celebrated it with them. They were ecstatically happy about the future.
**Wedding Plans**
So the newly engaged couple didn't want to wait to get married and agreed to get married in 3 months time. They wanted to make the plans together and only leave what they were wearing as a surprise. Can was going to surprise Sanem with a specially designed wedding band but little did he know that Sanem was planning the same for him. They both loved Can's mountain hut and decided that this would be the perfect location for their wedding.  Small but beautiful and elegant in a simple way, which is how Can would describe Sanem, is what they decided. Sanem wanted lots of flowers to permeate the air with fragrances throughout the ceremony. Can and Sanem didn't want to be surrounded by lots of people just those closest to them. They wanted it to be intimate and during sunset when they said their vows to one another.
Plans were coming together nicely, Sanem's mother was going to provide food cause both Can and Sanem agreed that her food was the best. Can asked Cey Cey, Metin and Akif ( his brothers just not by blood) to be his groomsman and Emre to be his best man. Sanem asked Leyla to be her maid of honor and Ayhan, Deran and Guilez to be her bridesmaids.
It was 2 weeks before the wedding and things were ready to go. Can and Sanem were spending every moment together and loving it. They prepared dinner together and spent time just getting to know one another and falling deeper in love. Sanem had finally found her dream wedding dress after too many trips to bridal shops and internet searches. Her dress was a one of a kind, and made her feel like a princess. Can decided to wear a grey tux with his signature jewelry.
**Wedding Day**
Today was the day, Sanem was the happiest she had ever been. She couldn't stop staring at her dress and smiling at the way it looked and flowed when she twirled around. She loved everything about her dress and couldn't wait for Can to see her. Can was just as excited. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled as he looked at his Albatross necklace, his gift from Sanem since she called him her Albatross. He was happy and ready to make Sanem his wife and begin their life together. He couldn't wait to see Sanem walking down the aisle towards him. She had kept a tight lip about her dress and he couldn't imagine her being more beautiful than she was every day but something told him that today may just be the day that changes his mind.
It was time, Can was standing next to Emre, Cey Cey, Metin and Akif adjusting his tie and shuffling his feet. He had to admit he felt nervous waiting for Sanem. The doors to the hut opened and Sanem walked out with her father, Nihat. Can looked up and was stunned. ** She is the most radiantly, stunningly, beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her skin was bronzed and glowing. Her hair was half up but the rest was in waves down her back. ** Sanem looked up to see Can with his hand over his mouth as he looked at her. ** He was dressed in a grey tux and was the most handsome man she had ever seen or could imagine. She noted he wore the Albatross necklace she had made for him.**She smiled brightly and began to walk towards her dream and her future. Can and Sanem had written their own vows for one another and repeated them perfectly.
** Can's vows:
"Sanem, meeting you for the first time was a shock to my system. I was completely taken aback by you and I hadn't even seen your beautiful face yet. Your smell captivated me and I knew I was lost. After seeing you in person, wow I don't even have words for what happened to my heart at that moment.   I knew I loved you and would love you forever from that first look. Sanem you make me want to be the best man I can be. You make me smile and laugh everyday. I am most grateful and thankful and blessed to know you and to love you. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you, travelling with you, having a family with you and growing old with you. I know from this day forward that YOU ARE MY BREATH, MY HEART, MY SOUL AND MY LIFE AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE STARS IN THE SKY.
**Sanem's vows**( through her tears)
"Can what can I say. That night was the best night if my life. I felt things I have never felt before or since other than with you. My heart was no longer mine after that night, I just had to find you. Oh the day I first saw you, I don't even have words to describe it. I looked at you and just knew it was you. My breath caught and I saw my heart in yours. I was so nervous around you, you have traveled the world and had relationships and I had done neither, but when I look into your eyes and you hold me I know that none of that matters. I KNOW that WE are meant to be together forever. YOU ARE WHAT MAKES MY HEART BEAT, THE AIR I BREATHE, THE SUN IN THE SKY AND I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE STARS IN THE MOONLIT SKY".

There was not a dry eye to be found. When pronounced husband and wife and Can was to told kiss his bride, he dipped Sanem and gave her a fierce and passionate kiss. Sanem blushed but returned his kiss. Afterwards the close knit group danced and celebrated throughout the night.
Can and Sanem spent their first night as husband and wife and it was romantic, beautiful and at times explosive. Neither could believe that it could be that wonderful and couldn't stop smiling at one another.
The next morning they were off in their honeymoon in their yacht to travel the world..