Lost

As Huiling woke up, her abdomen grew a bit in size. Not too big but definitely a bit larger than last night.

"William, I don't feel so well. I need to vomit." William accompanied her to the washroom.

"Huiling, is it me or your stomach grew?" Huiling said quietly, "I had been having pregnancy symptoms for the past weeks. Thought it was nothing... but this morning I was feeling weak. Can we go to the doctor?" William nodded.

As they waited in the doctor's office, Huiling's nausea reoccured. She quickly went to the toilet and threw up water. She felt tired, weak, nauseous. She felt her stomach. She couldn't be pregnant. It's been a year since she had sex with the President. So it can't be.

When they went to the doctors, she was asked several questions about sex activity, menstruation, stress, diet, everything. After blood test, it's been confirmed to be phantom pregnancy. False pregnancy, to be exact, when women has all pregnancy signs yet there is no baby. It's common for women who had miscarried or had any mental trauma. After the doctor diagnosed her. Huiling was shook and was unable to react. Since phantom pregnancy can happen when the chemical in the body are imbalanced. The true cause is still not known exactly.

"Miss. Feng, according to you... you had sex last year and you stopped. Did both of you have sex afterward?" They shook their head.

"I was with another guy last year." She replied.

"Your blood result showed that you had miscarried before. It's mostly silent miscarriage. You didn't know you were pregnant then. Your body chemical imbalance is very prevalent also. How's your mental state before?" The doctor asked.

"Before, I had sex with the other guy. But afterward, my mental state was not good because I was worrying a lot, I was overthinking and in fear. He did forced me to have sex with him but I didn't think it was forced. I had sex with him because I actually do like him. I fear because I will start liking him. So, doctors... you say I miscarried right? Can I be pregnant again?" The doctor nodded.

"I'm going to prescribe medication for hormone imbalance. You need to rest and adjust yourself. Less stress, the better." Huiling nodded and thanked the doctor.

"I'm sorry, William." William gently kissed her on the forehead.

"I didn't know at all. I'm sorry about your loss." She shook her head, "No, it was my fault for being too rash and I lost my child who was inside me the whole time. William, thank you for accompanying me and not complaining." He smiled and replied, "I like you no matter what. I won't force you. You broke up with him, right?" She nodded.

"Let's start over after you are all better. Take your time." She leaned on him for support.

"I feel sleepy. Can we go back?" He nodded and took her home.

After several weeks, Huiling was all better. She felt so refreshed. But, she did regret losing a child. She silently touched her belly and said, "Baby, in the future. Mommy will be nicer to you. I am sorry I didn't take care of you before. Please give me a chance after I go back to President Zhang."

William came in few minutes later and backhugged her, "Huiling, are you thinking about your child?" She nodded. William kissed her while embracing her. He gently placed his hand on her stomach.

"You will have more chances of getting pregnant later on. You are still young." He tried to encourage her but no mother can fully forget the scar of losing a baby. Her very own precious gift.

"William, I missed my child." She cried and William hugged her without saying anything.

"You are strong, Huiling. You can overcome this." He hugged her and kissed her on her temple. He stayed with her for another hour or so.

"I'm sorry, William. I'm too emotional. It's been so long I was like this." She laughed a bit. William took her hand and said, "It's okay to be emotional. You lost a child, it's normal to cry. Huiling, you are brave. You can overcome it." She nodded and smiled.

"Thank you." She leaned her head against his chest and closed her eyes. She was grateful for him. Though she doesn't love him like that, she will forever be thankful for him.

"William, I can be pregnant again. The next time I get pregnant, I promise to take care of my child." She smiled and William smiled back. He liked her, no matter what happens, he will always be there for her.

"Huiling, can I ask you a question? What's that guy's name?" Huiling slowly opened her eyes.

"Can I keep that a secret?" William nodded, "Alright." He embraced her again, if she liked his brother... that will be better. He himself received lots of love from his foster parents, he heard his older brother did not so it maked sense his brother deserved better. He mentally prepared himself if that was her answer.

Huiling went back to work after she felt better. She still had a few months left before her work ends at Empire hotel. Tatiana was understanding so she finished Huiling's portion of report and she will be forever thankful.

"Elizabeth, after your work contract ends. Are you going back to your old workplace?" Huiling thought about it and nodded. She thought about President Zhang but realized he might've gotten engaged to Yuliya. But, she wanted to go back. After making up her mind, she purchased the plane ticket and mentally prepared herself for the worst case scenario.

She wanted to see President Zhang, she wanted to tell him that they lost a child. She was a mother of his child, at least, for a short while. She will also apply a secretary job if Sky International Hotel offers it.