Healing scars

As Huiling rolled to the other of the bed, Ruohan was sleeping like a baby. She traced his forehead to his lips and she smiled. It's good to be back. She kissed him as he woke up from his sleep.

"Hm... it's good you're here." He wouldn't let go of her.

"Ruohan, thank you for telling me about your past last night. I didn't know you suffered that much." Huiling rubbed his fluffy hair as he looked at her.

"When I was scared, I thought about you. When my foster father did that to me, all I could think was you. If I cried, he will hit me. If I don't do it, he will force me. I didn't know what I did wrong." Huiling kissed him as he continued. She felt her heart break into a million pieces. He's been suffering for more than 10 years. Alone. No one shared his pain. She took his hand and placed it on her face.

"Ruohan, you can share everything with me. Since I'm back, I won't go anywhere. It's okay to cry. I'm here." Huiling embraced him as he silently cried against her chest. Since they were still on the bed, Huiling moved closer to him and kissed him on his head.

"Ruohan, you can cry your heart out. Scream if you are in pain, it's okay. I'll share your burdens with you." Huiling hugged Ruohan tighter. Her heart broke as he screamed and cried. Crying out after ten years of pain that was tucked inside his heart. She cried too, along with him. She loved him, she will never leave him again. It's good that he was able to cry out the pain. She didn't want to see the pain in his eyes ever again.

"You are safe, I'm here with you. Don't be afraid." He clutched onto her shirt and he was still trembling.

"It's alright. No one will hurt you again." Huiling comforted him.

"Huiling, I can see him... He's going to hurt me again." Huiling gently kissed him and said, "I'm here, Ruohan. I'm here. He's not going to hurt you. I'm with you." Ruohan trembling stopped after several minutes.

"Are you feeling better?" Ruohan nodded.

"Thank you."

Huiling caressed his face and looked at him, "I'm here." Her gentle smile was all he needed. He calmed down a bit and he got up. While sitting on the bed, he was quiet. Huiling touched his arm with her warm hand. His arm was tense but he released the tension when Huiling held his hand.

"Huiling, I wouldn't know what to do if you didn't come back. Every night when you left, I had nightmares but I pretended that I was okay. But I really wasn't. I was afraid that my foster father will come." Huiling held his hand tighter.

"Ruohan, did he say he will come?" She asked.

He shook his head.

"I was overthinking because I was afraid." Huiling nodded.

"It's okay to be afraid. I'm your safe hiding place." He nodded as he leaned his head between her breasts. She embraced him again and kissed him. She will protect him. Whatever happens, at least he has her on his side.

"Huiling, thank you." He slowly closed his eyes and calmed down a bit.

"Any time." She whispered.

Few weeks later, they went back to work. It felt good coming back here at this hotel. She will be Ruohan's secretary. Not just a normal room attendant. She felt relieved that Ruohan shared all of his problems with her. She wanted to gain his trust again after leaving him.

As she joined Ruohan in the conference room, she stood beside him and helped him out while he's meeting with other important clients. They were a great team.

After client meeting was over, they finally had some time to kill. They sat in the private lounge room and rested. Huiling was already tired from the conference meeting. When they had several sips of their coffee, Huiling pulled out an envelope.

"Ruohan, open it." He was surprised.

"What is it?" Huiling smiled and didn't say anything.

"Congratulations on being a father. Our twin babies are here." Ruohan couldn't believe it and quickly hugged Huiling.

"Huiling. Thank you. I promise I will take care of our children." Ruohan kissed Huiling on the lips, their love finally blossomed. They are going to be parents now.

"Huiling, can I feel your stomach?" She nodded, "Go ahead. They are dying to hear your voice." Ruohan gently touch her growing belly and whispered, "This is your daddy. I cannot wait to see you guys." Ruohan kissed her stomach and Huiling giggled.

"You're going to be an awesome father." She said.

"Of course." He hugged her and they both kissed deeply.

The end.