Prequel Chapter - 1

UPDATE: PLEASE READ THE REMAKE PLEASE.

THIS VERY OLD CHAPTER DOES NOT REFLECT THE REST OF THE STORY WITH THE POOR WRITING THAT I HAVE IMPROVED WITH THE LATER CHAPTERS.

PLEASE READ THE REMAKE.

[Seikev, July 4, 20XX] [Point Dexter POV] 

"All right over here." A gruff older man motioned a group of people to follow him deeper into a makeshift tunnel. After avoiding many weak timber supports, they finally ascend.

"Thank god..." one of man from the group sighed carefully placing down a small crate and sat down to one of the trees just like the rest of the group. "Fresh air..." He relaxed in the shade provided by the tree.

"Welcome to Seikev, ladies and gentlemen hope your first impression of having to cross the border illegally might not change soon." The older man laughed, raising his hands motioning around the wilderness were currently surrounded at. 

Seikev, part of the New Soviet Union's little annexation project after having their medicine given at their defeat at the middle east, causing them to go further west and stop at the Polish Gate or at the gate of the Pan European's territory while slowly expanding influence in Asia.

As for my little group and me, we were contracted by a well known American PMC that I couldn't be bothered to remember the name, to dig up files relating on a rare forgotten synthetic mineral that was in abundance for the former Soviet Union to exploit and use on their war machines carrying on during the short-lived cold war.

You're probably asking why would a vital mineral be forgotten? Well, World War three, of course. Gorbachev's replacement was getting too big for his boots. Or was it him being afraid? During the Cold War, small satellite states were now showing cracks around the world, starting from Poland holding a semi-free election to Berlin's anti-communist revolutions, showing the world how unstable the Communist Paradise was.

Well, most people already knew how self-destructive the Soviet Union was, whether by propaganda, word of mouth, or actually going there themselves. It wasn't until the middle of the Vietnam war where it all changes. Soon the Northern Vietnamese were dropping chemical bombs on u.s bases, and it wasn't like your typical mustard agent type. It was something alien to the rest of us.

Further inspection of undetonated bombs obviously pointed at the soviet union. There some doubts but, of course, but soon leaks show of the same chemical explosives were spotted in Poland and know the whole world finally know that the Soviet Union had just broken the Geneva convention and is now the sight of every Nato and generally anyone who doesn't know, care or dislike have the Bolshevik menace on their shitlist.

Uncle Sam wasn't having any of it as DEFCON Five has been raised to Four. Nato countries were now gathering intel around many satellite states and rarely to the heart of the motherland itself with very little news coming out of the iron curtain.

Researchers in the U.S and British have yielded no results on the new chemicals recovered. Soon enough News of an outbreak spread from Vietnam as victims both dead and injured from the new chemicals were now shambling and eating civilians and both soldiers and volunteers of both north and south forces, forcing the U.S to bomb the entirety of Vinh, Hue, Da Nang with white phosphorus with little success as the infected soon started to make their way on both to North and south Vietnam and even to Laos and Cambodia.

The U.S soon declare an evacuation of Vietnam and deemed it a military failure as Hueys soon flown out of Vietnam, leaving the Army of the Republic of Vietnam to fend for themselves.

A nuclear-sized explosion of the coast of east Russia known as Belian island piqued the interest of British intelligence as they sent a small but manageable team of SAS to the island and fought through the same shambling dead in Vietnam and recovered intelligence of unknown origin, but it caused the united states to raise DEFCON to 3.