Chapter - 6

I leaned forward to the and rest my arm on the ledge, letting the cold breeze softly hit my face as I continue to observe a group of Bravo Foxtrots training down below albeit very crudely. They're probably new recruits...

All the recruits were lined up and separated by groups as they take turns on the pistol laid on the tables with the instructor doing what their best at. Shouting profanities at them and giving the recruits more anxiety and pressure.

This really takes me back... Watching Bravo Foxtrot train in the field even if its piss poor of me to just watch them.

"Come on.... Calm your arms...." I whispered psyching myself up while watching the training unfold as I was silently rooting for them not to let their pistol swing back. "Ohhhh...." Nevermind, they need help.

The pistols might not have flown back, but the dropped it on the recoil, thankfully no one was hurt. The others rushed to help her up and unload the pistol and the slide back to remove the round in the chamber.

"Mr. McCready." A familiar voice called out belonging to a certain green-themed doll as she approached me with downturn lips and empty gaze.

"I've heard from Mr. Kryuger..." She spoke as she wipes the sweat off her forehead with a white towel.

"Yeah, yeah... I'll be the commander of this base well... Partially for now since there will be a commander that'll be arriving in the coming weeks to teach me the ropes and to, I think, to monitor me..." I shifted to her, I noticed she was holding something back, sensing that something was troubling her.

Hmm....

"You miss them... Am I right?" I asked, guess I hit the jackpot since she lowered her head, avoiding any eye contact with me. The air hangs heavy.

I sighed, gazing, looking at the view of her broodingly depressed figure, trying to hold back her tears... She somehow reminded me a bit...

"Listen to me, M4A1, don't be like that, your... Sisters depend on you on coming back for them with reinforcement. You Wouldn't want to let them down are you?" I place a hand on her shoulder. She raised her head with that frown long gone, but a hint of doubt still lingers around her.

"... Kryuger asked me to support you to on the rescue of the rest of the Anti Rain squad, and I'll be glad to help you, but I need you to have faith in me." Tears slowly build up as she charges towards me in a hug burying her face in my chest as I pat her head to soothe her. It was saddening to watch, even for me... For some reason.

"I heard from Kryuger you're the future leader of the Anti Rain Squad. An elite doll specially created by IOP as one of a kind super soldiers. And you need to act like one if you're ever going to join your sisters in battle." I murmured before noticing other employees seeing both me and M4A1 before shooing them off.

"I-I can't... I don't know..." She whimpered muffled by my clothes as I continued to comfort her as her she grips tighter with the help of her android strength, but I don't mind. The employees are still watching probably thinking it's a soap opera.

"Listen to me M4A1, I'm your commander, and it's my job to make sure the people under my wing is comfortable and at their best, so if you have any problem, please don't hesitate to ask." She finally looked up to with streams of tears down her face.

"Teach me... Please..." She mumbled almost begging face as she looked straight at me sniffling.

"I... Will. But first, you need allies you can trust. See those operators down there?" I showed her the training in progress happening below us, thankfully I haven't noticed us yet.

"They're new to this business. Drawn whether by protecting and upholding the peace or among anything else, it doesn't matter they're part of Griffin now." I gently hold one of her hands.