Chapter - 8

Ugh... How long was I out?... What a dream I had...

I lazily shuffled myself out of the blanket, and as I'm about to get up, I just somehow just came to only noticed that Mosin was hugging my arm. She had this very peaceful, adorable face while sleeping that I can't help but imagine letting myself to stare at for hours... Of course, I can't stay, unfortunately, since I have a job and... I also remembered that there might be a small hint of a chance of her possibly having another breakdown...

... Well, there's no way around... I gently poked Mosin's cheek with my fingers... I was unprepared for her eventual reaction.

"... McCready..." She let out a small whine as she nuzzles on my arm. With that sweet voice... I just can't.

I was unprepared, and it was just too much for me. "... Mmm. Mosin, wake up. I think it's way past noon." I said as I continued to poke her cheeks gently and in response, she shoves her head in my chest in one swift move as she managed to pin me down wrapping me in her warm embrace as she curls up near my neck effectively snuggling my entire body as hers pressed against mine.

Fuck... I could feel my heart race right now, the more I look at her calm, and peaceful face sleep the more feelin' like my heart is about to either pop inside or burst out...

After glancing back and forth to her entrancing face to somewhere else away from it, I have come to a unanimous definite conclusion...

Mmmm... Few more minutes couldn't hurt, might as well make the best of what's happening...

...

After enjoying my time with Mosin which I will admit felt real nice and she finally awoke a few minutes later as we finally got up, and I did offer her to help clean up the place, but she said: "It's alright, the worker drones will take care of it." Whatever that means and I bid her goodbye but not before Mosin giving me a small peck on the check as a bit of "good luck".

"Good morning, Commander!" A lively voice coming from a short doll waved greeting me. If memories served me well, this is MP5 with her long white hair going down her back and with her red beret. Also, of course, she as an MP5 slung on her back rather too carelessly.

"Morning!" I greeted her back, giving a small wave as I continue to make my way back to my office, a.k.a, the only private place in the entire base designated only for me.

"You're late." A stern voice called out behind me full of authority as I was just about to enter my sweet, safe haven.

I quickly turned around for the source of the horrifying voice to reveal... The maid? Of course, just like the first time we met, she has fixed glare on me, squinting her eyes as if she had just come across literal walking garbage. She curled up her upper lips and folded her arms as she stares me down. And for me, I was honestly threatened by someone wearing a maid outfit.

"... I... Uh, What's the problem?" I barely got those words out of my mouth, and even then, I'm still unsure if that was the right call to make cause from my perspective, she was about to barrage with words.

"Commander, You are late for the meeting with Mr. Kryuger as per his instructions given to you before he left you to....." She kept scolding me to the point of naming me "trash," but I soon ignored her and remembered Kryuger and I were supposed to be meeting today.

"Where is he now!?" I screamed, holding her by her upper arms. She was surprised by my action but shook her head in disappointment.

" He just left. He did congratulate you on your coordination of the hostage rescue yesterday and left you be." She shoved my hands off before dusting them. What did I even do or say to her to warrant me this poor treatment!?