Prequel Chapter - 2

After waiting for approximately three hours and thirty minutes for the rest of my crew to arrive, it turns out they were sidetracked to chose who carries the larger crates across the river. "All right fellas, no more taking a break were heading to the city now," Marving commanded the group after taking a small breathing room.

I offered to carry some of the communication equipment to which they kindly rejected and said to join Marvin to be ahead of the group. After making our way to the city, my first honest-to-god impression was. "Wow... This place is a shithole."

Well... only the part of the city where we were at. It resembled more like Kowloon in Hong Kong rather than a stereotypical European city as many shanty towns and bazaars littered everywhere with the occasional T-Dolls patrolling the area. "This doesn't change my opinion of this place. Was a shithole and still a shithole." 

We pick up the pace as we walk the streets with stares coming from the locals, "Guess they don't like foreigners." Firefly whispered, looking at one of the locals giving us the middle finger.

We soon arrived at our temporary base which was a rundown motel. "Please tell me we have like an underground badass spy base." One of the guys whined while the rest laughed.

We arrived at our room which was relatively large as we all sat on the chairs, floor and the side of the bed. Marvin was looking outside of the room before closing the door. He then sends a message to our phones to "Check place for bugs." We all sighed and reluctantly followed his instruction looking at every drawer, under the bed, inside the closet and even scanning the wall. all clear.

"Alright... Point Dexter and Mother set-up the comms equipment. Firefly and Bry inspect some of our gear and see if any of our cargo was damaged." Marvin commanded as we all took on our objectives. 

"Leopard, think you can do some grocery?" Marvin asked, raising a brow to which the operator is known as Leopard reluctantly nodded.

"All right, just make sure to avoid any checkpoint or police searches. Don't want you getting thrown to jail." Marvin handed him some rubles, Leopard growled and took the money and left without saying anything that doesn't include growling like an animal.

"All right... Firefly after you're done can you assist me with bugging this place?" 

Setting up communication was very crucial when you're behind possible enemy line. With new technology comes with great benefits like the more mobile next-gen SATCOM is a far cry to the last era of mobile tactical communication equipment which carrying a rucksack sized glorified radio and a large antenna to go along with it, the poor sods who have to carry this to the battlefield they called themselves radioman during the Vietnam war, Life expectancy two minutes tops.

With the new technology created via ESSEX Corp., the new SATCOM was much more lighter and easier to carry with a small antenna and a couple of small radios to go with it might look small. Still, this baby can Peirce through Griffin's jammer that covered throughout S09 sector.

"Point, can you set up the antenna out at the roof?" Mother asked while shuffling the instruction manual. I accepted and carried the small duffle bag containing the needed pieces of equipments and left the room.  

After a few hours, the sun was slowly setting over the horizon, and I'm just finishing up the satellite dish and finding a spot on the roof for it to be concealed and a source of electricity for us to siphon.

"Satellite deployed, enjoy your new data plan." I radioed in the earpiece.

After that, I decided to do my personal business as I pulled out my phone and decided to contact someone very close to me. ' Just hope she would pick up.'. The phone ring for a few minutes until.