Prequel Chapter - 3

Right... it's been weeks days since the attack on the Griffin convoy. Things have been ramping up, to say the least... More violence on the street as Griffin declares marshall law on the city to hunt down the puritans to the dismay of the residents as a new curfew has been placed and limits to many exports or locally produced goods from entering, fearing that the stocks might go to the puritans.

Things haven't been easy for us, hasn't even been? The alleyways we always use to navigate the city have been seeing an increase of T-doll presence. You can turn to anywhere to see at least a posse of T-dolls patrolling.

We found a forger to make us fake identification cards to pass through most checkpoints, but it's mostly worthless in the rich part of the city where they have to scan the card which, with these fake, will yield no record in their database.

Mother met her contact and got us a truck to store our more... prohibited goods in the guise of many boxes of Flat-screen T.Vs in a just in case scenario Griffin decided to search our vehicle.

It would soon prove to be useful since, after several pages of documents, we scanning the files I stole from the Griffin Convoy. We soon pinpoint the location of the safe house up to the cold north mountainside, which might I need to add is occupied with Elid nests and Sangvis activities.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Right Elids... They're one of the byproducts of the Collapse fluid. Remember the elusive bombs the soviets used in Vietnam? Well, the eggheads at the U.S called them "Collapse fluid" as, from what I've heard, collapses your genetic structure. Making you a shambling corpse.

From what I know of, there are two ways that will go down when a human is exposed to collapse fluid. One is a dead corpse coming back to life, and one is what we call 'Infected'.

Infected are more fortunate results of exposure to the Collapse fluid. They can be identified by the irregular additions to their bodies, like a pair of animal ears, tail, fur, or they're straight up Turned into a humanoid creature like a lizardman.

Though some infections don't all have animal distinctions, some have pointy ears and whatnot. Most Infected have also been granted a sort of power-up... tremendous strength, astounding agility, all the way to what I can only say is a full-on copy of magic.

Now don't get me wrong; these "magic" that Infecteds can perform is probably also connected to the Collapse fluid. My theory... Genetic restructure rebuilding everything but keeping the base as a foundation to build on. However, that's just my theory as researches to study these infections has yielded no results as of yet.

They still retain their humanity and even returned to civilization but was shunned by humans due to fears of being infected or worse being overtaken by them and their "magic."

And so Pharmacy companies like Rhode island strive to make a cure to these infected even though they have badass superpowers, there's something that a complete deal breaker to the infecteds, they die young.

Something about crystals forming and hijacking blood cells to spread further... Or something like that. Not very knowledgable in medicine.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Alright... that's all of it." Leopard grunted setting down the last crate into the back of the truck.

"Thanks to Mother, this trip we'll be smooth." Bry gloated as he came out of the motel, carrying more bags for the travel.

It's been weeks, and I'm starting to warm up to these guys as were now like brothers-in-arms bond in a way as we began to trust each other more than I would have guessed. They have my back, and I got theirs to watch.