Chapter 3

"The Unexpected Journey"

Rivendell

I finally made it to Rivendell. It's been so long since I last seen this place. Nieven and I arrived at the gates guard at the entrance to keep any enemies coming in. Lindir came walking down the stairs. " Hello mellon welcome to Rivendell!" "Hello to you as well Lindir. Is Lord Elrond here by any chance." "No, he left to search the grounds for Orcs. But, do come in he would be glad to see you again." "I bet he would." I have always have been welcomed here since Elrond and I were good friends to one another growing up.

"Here is a for you my lady I hope you got comfortable while you wait. Could I get you anything?" "No my mellon. I'm quite alright thank you." "I will take my leave then." I look around the room it's as beautiful as last time I was here lanterns hanging from the ceiling and silver flowers as the bed frame. A bookshelf in the corner of the room. I walk over to it picking a book up. Walking over towards the bed I got comfortable and began to read.

Soon a few hours pass and I heard voices coming through the doors. I walk to the dining hall to find the company and Elrond eating. Soon Elrond stood up when he saw me. "Elen sila Lúmenn' omentielvo my mellon (a star shines on the hour of our meeting my friends.)" Lord Elrond open his arms out to me. I welcomed myself into the hug." To you as well mellon." "Come sit with us." He brought me over to the table that he sat at with Thorin and Gandalf. He pulled out a chair for me to sit in. Once I sat down in it he pushed it forward. "Thank you." I stated.

We talk about the swords that the dwarves found in the troll cave. After, dinner was done some of the dwarves along with Elrond which to speak with him. I came along too. "Only a few people in Middle Earth can read the map. So show it to Lord Elrond." Gandalf was tired of Thorin being stubborn. Thorin pulled out the map and gave it to Elrond. "Thorin no." Balin said. Elrond looked over the map then back to Thorin." Erebor, What do you want with this map?" Gandalf replied with," Mainly academic you know that secret text is hidden in some things," Elrond walk over to the other side of the room,"you can still read ancient dwarfish can you?" "The text can only been seen by the same moon shape and season that it was written on." You looked over at me. We both know that I can read any text with no problem and find what it needs to get it read I gave him a smirked. He shook his head.

We walked towards a staircase that led outside onto a cliff. Elrond put the map down on the crystal table."This map was made on a Midsummer's Eve and with a crescent moon being in the night sky. You're in luck that today is the day for it to happen." The clouds move in the sky to show a crescent moon. The moonlight hit the map and the text we shown. "Stand by the grey stone when the thrush knocks and the setting sun with the last light of Durin's day will shine upon the keyhole." Elrond read off. "That's the start of the dwarves new year." I said. "Summer is passing." Thorin stated. "We have time until Durin's day for the entrance to up we have to make sure we are standing at the right spot at the right time." Balin said.

"So this is your purpose to enter the mountain ." Elrond looked at Thorin. "What of it?" Thorin glanced at the lord. "There are some who don't seem it wise." Gandalf and I was both confused. "What do you mean?" Gandalf questioned. "You not the only guardian to stand and watch over Middle Earth." Elrond spoke before he walked away. Gandalf look towards me and I looked back. They are here to meet amongst us.

Elrond told us to follow him so we did until we saw her. Galadriel standing there she soon turned around. She smiled at us both. " I didn't know that Lord Elrond had sent for you." Gandalf spoke. "He didn't. I did." Saruman said. We bowed our head. Gandalf and Saruman were sitting at the table while the rest of us stood but Galadriel walk around the table. We began speaking of our plans. " I simple dont think it right." Gandalf spoke. "The dragon has been on your mind along with Ava's has it not." Galadriel towards around to face us. "It is true for both of us, my lady," I nodded, "Smaug owns no allegiance with no one but if he side with the enemy then danger is brought upon us." I told them.

"What enemy?" Saruman spoke," the enemy is defeated Ava. Sauron is gone for good." I started walking towards him. "But, that doesn't mean a new one has not born. Now does it." " Ava we have lived in peace for 400 years." Elrond spoke. "Are we? Are we at peace?" Gandalf stopped me from saying anything more. Galadriel looked at me and talk to me in our minds,

You hold a secret from the dwarves and many people why

I fear for the worst that people will begin to see me as a monster

You are no monster my dear. We had lost so much and couldn't do nothing about it. I would be the same as you

I could of done something that is not why I share my story or last name with no one; beside the ones that I hold close to my heart

I feel you will find love again soon but you will not let it in. So, when the time come let your walls down because you need to be show what love is again

But, I don't want more people to get hurt

You will not hurt anyone but the person that has fell for you if you don't expect it

I will try my hardest my lady

Gandalf has it. Something for what is called a Necromancer. I want to see it

Then he will show it to you my lady he showed it to me. I will talk to you soon then

I finish talking to Galadriel. I knew now she spoke to Gandalf about the item. Gandalf placed it on to the table. "What is that?" Elrond came towards the object. "A relic of Mordor." Galadriel replied. Elrond opened it up to reveal a sword on the non living." A Morgul blade." Elrond was shocked to see this." It was forged for the Witchking of Angmar and buried with him." Galadriel looked at it closely now. "Those tombs can't be opened." Elrond leaned towards the weapon. " How do you know it's true do you have proof?" Saruman asked. "No." Gandalf replied. "Because their is none. I don't believe in a human doing all this faul things. Also, I don't like the company of dwarves either." Saruman never really cared for anything to me. I looked at Gandalf then back at Galadriel they were talking. That means the dwarves were leaving. Lindir come towards us. "My Lord Elrond, the dwarves their gone." I knew this was going to be a chase for me and Gandalf to deal with.

Saruman and Elrond soon left. Then it was just Gandalf, Galadriel, and I alone. " We both are leaving to help the dwarves." "Yes we are." I responded. "I think it's good for you both to help Thorin Oakenshield. But, I fear this journey has forces that we still don't understand. Something moves in the shadow at it can't been seen I know you can feel it Ava." "The shadow grows in strength every day that goes by I feel it." " Of course Ava. That's why you both must be careful." I started walking away along with Gandalf. " Gandalf, why to halfling?" Galadriel questioned." I don't know. I learned that the small things kept darkness for bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? That's because I'm afraid and he gives me courage." "Don't be afraid mellon nin. I will be there when you need me." She dissapeared and soon it was Gandalf and I left alone. "Well it looks that we got to chase down a hobbit and a bunch of dwarves." "Yes Ava, it sure does. I have to say I think some of them see you as a mother." "It does feel like I'm taking care of a bunch of kids doesn't it." We both laughed. "Let's go find my children then shall we." "Of course."

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter have a wonderful day/night!

I will be a few chapters until we get into the romance. About maybe two or three.