Chapter 8

"The Desolation of Smaug"

The Library and His Words

We were walking towards the library. A very wonderful peaceful work. "Here we are." I looked at the doors of the library. Beautiful huge doors. He opened the door for me. I walked in looking at the shelves of many books. It was very cozy feeling. "Its wonderful." I said to Thranduil. He joined beside me and grabbed my hand. I turned to face him along with Thranduil turned to me. "Stay here the meeting shouldn't be long. You have many books to keep you busy." "I will find a good one to keep my nose in for a while. Don't worry about me." He smiled gently at me. "I will take my leave now." He walked away closing the door behind him. I looked around the room. What section should I go down first? I walked down the first section I saw first. Looking at all of the books trying to found one that will catch my eye. But, I started thinking about him. Thranduil. I been though love before and I know the pain of it. I have a chance to run away with the dwarves but I don't think I could do that.

I told myself along with Galadriel that I wanted feel in love again if I had the chance. But, I think I did. I can't stay though what if I get my heartbroken again. Galadriel told me to follow my heart. My heart doesn't even know. Each time he walks into the room or stand close to me. My heart beats faster over time. It's been years since I fall in the but, it's the same for Thranduil. I don't now his story and he doesn't know mine. That statue of that girl though I wonder who she is. I bet that was his wife. But how many years has it been since she past. Legolas growing up not having a Nana must of been horrible. I hope he wasn't very young though. He seems like a good kid though. Acts like his Ada. I need to stop thinking of all this things. Focus on finding a book Ava, just focus. I was finally able to find a book to read. After, going down the sections. I walked over to one of the tables and sit down. I read the book for about a hour. Until, I heard the door open. There stood Thranduil looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes. Ugh, stop saying this kinds of things.

He walked towards me and stopped beside me looking down at me. While, I looked up at him. I closed my book and stood up from the chair. "So, how was your meeting with the counsel?" I begin to walked away to put the book up. But, I know he was behind me. "It went very well. The Feast of Starlight has all be planned out and organized." "That is wonderful to hear. So, what our next task in hand?" I found the spot to where I got the book from and put it back up. "We have nothing else to do beside wait for the soldiers to come back from the woods. So, off to the throne room we go." "Shall I get another book." "No you won't need that." He held out his arm for me to take and I did. While, walking down the hall quietly. I was looking at the kingdom around us. "When will you release them?" I questioned him trying to break the silence. He didn't respond quickly. "Soon, I will let them stay in there for the rest of the week then let them go." "You promise?" I looked up at him. He look me in the eyes. Worried about what his answer will be, "Sorry...." "I promise." I smiled at his answer. He gave me a small smile though and looked forward.

Soon we made it to the throne room. Our arms unhooked from one another and he walk to the top. Where his throne was place. "Come." He said. I made my way up the stairs to him. He sat down in his chair while, I sat on the steps. "Who was she?" I asked and turned to face him. He looked at me confused," Who?" "The girl that is a statue by the Elven Gate. Who was she?" A long paused was held in the air. He looked sad and heartbroken but, he gazed moved away from me. He was looking forwards now. "No one of you of importance." "Its must be someone important then." I really didn't want to push him but, I just have to found out who she was. "She was your wife, Legolas nana, wasn't she?" He looked down at me again. "Yes, she was." "I know how it feels to lose your meleth. The one that shined you day. That kept you going." I looked away from him. "Tell me about him then?" I turned around quickly to face Thranduil. "What do you mean?" "The lost of you meleth." I don't think I'm ready to tell him I was a queen. "He was my husband and friend."

Silence was in the room. "You never had a child with him?" He questioned. "I was meant to him one with him yes but, they died within a few hours after the birth." "I'm sorry to hear that. You would've made a wonderful mother. By the way I heard from Legolas." I chuckled at his statement. "It is true. I due tend to get a little bit over protective." He laughed," More then a little bit." "What are you trying to say? That I'm to over protective!" "Yes, that is correct." I put my hands on my heart," My heart!" "Your not dying." "I might be though!" He rolled his eyes and smirked. "I don't believe that though." I huffed at his answer and crossed my arms looking in a different direction. "You can't stay mad at me forever." "I could if I wanted to." " I wouldn't allow it to happen though besi....." We both heard the soldiers finally coming back from the forest. Thranduil stood straight up in his throne. I uncrossed my arms. I began to wonder what he was going to say. I saw Legolas walk up to his Ada's throne. "We clean out more of the forest but, we still have more spiders coming in." Legolas said. He looked over to me with a shocked look on his face. "Will we must keep pushing them away." "We will Ada." Legolas soon walked away.

Hours past nothing but silence held in the air. Soon it became dark outside. Thranduil stood from his throne. "I thinks it's time to go to bed now." I stood up from my spot. "Yes, that would be nice." We both walked down the steps and reached the bottom. "May I walked you to your room." "You are the king, you have every right to do so." He held out his arm then after I told him my answer. We walked together down the hall to my room. We reach to the door of my room and I let go of his arm. To turn and face him,"Thank you for bringing me to my room safely." I said to Thranduil. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. "I feel that I must keep you safe." He whispered softly and kissed my hand. I don't think he knows that I heard what he said. "Goodnight my king." "Goodnight to you as will my lady." He slowly let go of my hand to go to his room. I walked into mine room and closed to door behind me. I began to get ready for bed and humming a tone. My heart was racing. Was I falling in love again? This can't be, I can't allow it. I slipped under the sheets of the bed. I led their thinking about Thranduil. I wanted to know more about him. Maybe I will get to learn more about him. I have faced many things a dragon, lost of a kingdom, my husband and child's death, losing my people, and more. But, the main thing is now finding love again.

I can't stay here though. I need to help Thorin and them got back home. Going with them will help their future help the people that used to be there. But, I'm so lost on what to do and what path to take. One is to go with them but lose a chance to be loved again. Second is that I can stay here and feel love again. But, I will lose the trust of the others. I throw my hands to my head. Cover my eyes. I'm beginning to be frustrated with myself. I didn't realize I been yelling at myself for a few hours. I throw the sheets off of me and put my slippers off. Getting up and finding the map that I was giving. Trying to find the stables so I could go see Nieven. I will able to find it. I walked towards the door and opened it. Checking down the hall to see if anyone was there. Closing the bedroom door and walking anyway carefully. Walking down several halls and steps I finally reached the stable. Many horses was there but his stall was close to another set of stairs. "Nieven!" I whispered yelled.

He lifted his head up and snorted in joy of seeing me. I put my hand on his muzzle."Its so good to see you my handsome boy. I hope they are taking good care of you." He back away from my hand to eat some more hay. I walked down the side of the stall close to the water bucket. Until, I felt something snuff my head and nibbling on my hair. I giggled and looked up to see another elk. "Hello, ain't you also a handsome boy. You must be Nieven new friend I guess?" I held my hand out. He snuffed it and nuzzled his muzzle to my hand. I begin to pet him. Nieven was watching me petting the elk. He wasn't jealous though that I was patting a different elk besides him. "I wonder what your name is?" I let my hand down from his muzzle. But, soon I felt someone was near by a unsettled feeling in my stomach. I just continued to looked at the elks and hope someone wasn't there at all.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I did leave it off with a cliffhanger a little bit. Sorry if the chapter is not very good but, besides I hope you all have a good day!