Chapter 5

"The Desolation of Smaug"

He seems like a nice bear and the Elven gate

           The company was waiting on Biblo to come back after he was checking if the coast was clean from the orcs. I sat down on the ground to just relax. I was worried about what happened to Nieven. I hope he was okay. I sigh and looked at the ground. "What are you worry about Ava?" Gandalf asked. "I just hope Nieven is safe. I don't want anything to happen to him, but I believe that we will cross paths again soon though." I looked up at him with a smile.  Biblo came running back everyone come towards him."How close is the pack?" Thorin asked. "To close. Coupe of them no more. That's not the rest of it." "Do why a another problem?" I questioned. "Yes and no?" Biblo replied quickly. "They saw you?" Gandalf questioned. "No." "What did I tell you. Quiet as a mouse. Excellent  burglar material." Gandalf and everyone else began to talk all at once. "Well you just listen," Bilbo yelled and everyone stopped, "I'm trying to tell you that their is something else out there." "What form did it take? Like a bear." Gandalf asked we all looked at him. "Yes ye... but, much bigger." Bilbo was shocked. "You telling us their is a bear we have to worry about!? Oh great!" I yelled. "You know about this beast?" Bofur asked Gandalf,"I say we double back now." "We can't go back now there is a pack of orcs." Thorin told him.

          Everyone began to get worried now." There is a house. Not far from here. We might take refuge." Gandalf spoked. "Who house?Are they friend or foe?" Thorin questioned. " Neither. He will help us or he will kill us." "What choice do we have." Thorin replied. Then we heard a roar everyone jump at it. "None." Gandalf commented.  We all took off running with Gandalf I was up beside him. He turned around while running and motion his arm to come. "Come!" He yelled. We ran through creeks , field, forest to run away from the orcs. A roar ripped through the air and the dwarves and Bibli stopped. I slowed down but soon heard Gandalf say, " This way quickly! Run!" I took off running a head. "To the house!" Gandalf told us,"run." I stopped at the gate along with Gandalf to make sure everyone was going to get in. "Get inside." Gandalf ordered. Gandalf and I both saw the bear ripped through the woods charging towards us. "Open that door now!" I yelled running towards the boys with Gandalf behind me. We all rushed into the house and the dwarves closed the door but the bear was still trying to get in. Soon, they was able to close the door.

          We all was trying to catch our breath. "We seems like a nice bear." I  sarcastically said. Everyone turned to look at me. "What? I was just trying to lighten up the mood. But is everyone okay?" Each one of them said they was fine. "What was that?" Ori asked. "That is our host. He name is Beorn and his a skin changer. Sometimes he is a huge black bear. Sometimes he a great strong man. He is not fond of dwarves." Gandalf replied. "He's  leaving."Ori said. "Come away from there. It's not natural. None of it is. He's under some dark spell." Dori told Ori. " Don't be a fool. He is under no enchantment but his own," Gandalf commented, "Now get some sleep." I heard a elk called that sounded familiar. I look around to home down the stall area. There stood Nieven. "Nieven?!" I run up to him hugging his chest. He nuzzled my head. "Will looks like we found mothers missing elk." Fili said and everyone laugh."Yes I did and I'm quite happy about it to." I let go of Nieven."I miss you so much." Nieven was happy to see me as well. "Well let all go to bed." I told them. Nieven laid down and a leaned up against him putting a blanket over me."No good night kisses." Ori asked. I sighed and got up I kiss each one of their heads but I stopped at Thorin. I looked at him questionable. "Go ahead." I kissed his forehead. "You have changed Thorin. But, in a good way. Can we say were friends now?" I asked. "Yes, I suppose so you are like our mother through. Thank you." "Thank you for what?" "For helping goodnight." "Goodnight Thorin."