Chapter 9

"The Desolation of Smaug"

Feelings are Shared

I felt someone come up behind me. Their chest against my back the body heat made my heart race. "Shh it's just me Ava." I relaxed finally knowing now it was just Thranduil. His left hand went to the muzzle of the elk that I was petting. While, his other hand wrapped around my hip. "His name is Megaloceros." "Megaloceros, that is a very handsome name." "I rasied him from a young elk." I smiled knowing what a kind thing he has done for his elk. "I done the same for Nieven.""Well, you took good care of him I see." "Yes, I have. Same for you." We stood there close to one another. His left moved away from Megaloceros. His left arm moved across my chest. To bring me closer to him. He buried his head into the side of my neck. I brought my left hand up to the side of his head. While, my other hand laid on his hand that led on my chest. Soon, he lifted his head so he could whisper in my ear, " I never thought I will feel love again or fall so quickly in these two days." He hugged me tightly but, not to tightly. "Thranduil." I said. "I'm in love with you Ava. I know that we still don't know that much about eachother." I closed my eyes taking in all of this. "I'm in love with you as well." He lifted his head and slowly turned me around to face him. I put my hands on his arms. While, his arms were wrapped around my hips. But, soon he moved them up to hold my face in his hands. He pushed a few pieces of hair out of my face. Leaning in closer to me and I to him. Our lips soon met. We were finally a lone to be able to feel love and share it with one another.

        The kiss last for so long until we had to back away from one another to catch our breath. We kept our foreheads together. "I do truly love you Ava." Thranduil spoked softly. "I love you too my king." We was about to go in for another kiss until I felt someone nibbling my hair again. I back away a little bit. "Who doing that now." I chuckled. I looked up to see Nieven now. "I think he was getting jealous." Thranduil said still kepting a arm wrapped around me. "Of course he his. Ain't you Nieven?" He snorted happily. Thranduil begins to pet Nieven muzzle. "Maybe we should head to my room to share some wine. Learn more about eachother more." Thranduil suggested."I like the sound of that." I smiled at him. He stopped petting Nieven. I took his arm and lend my head on his shoulder. We left the stables heading to his room. Having to check to make sure no one seen us up so late. He opened the door to his room for me. "Thank you." I said walking though the door. I looked around the room. I didn't notice the small water area at all." Here sit." Thranduil slide out a chair for me to sit in. I walked over and sat down in the chair,"Thank you." I whispered. He slides my chair in for me.

           Moving over to the other chair to take a sit. He began to pour wine for the both of us. Passing over my wine glass. I took a drink of my wine. "Do you mind telling about your wife?" I asked him. He sighed for a moment before speaking. " Her name was Elerrian. She was the love of my life. I met her after my father died on the battlefield. My friend brought me to meet her. She was beautiful, kind, and caring. She always had white gems. She loved them." He stopped speaking. He had is left hand on the table while the other held his glass. I grabbed his left hand."She loved you and Legolas with all of her heart I bet." "Yes, she loved Legolas more then life itself." I held his hand still making sure he knows it's okay. "She died by being captured by orcs. They killed her before I could save her." I frowned about what he went through.
"I know how that feel." I told him. Our eyes met. He squeezed my hand. "I told you mine. Now you." I breathed before I told him. "I have kept a lot of secrets over the years and only a few know." I paused," I was a queen." Thranduil eyes widened." Queen Ava Thekalyn of Knaerwood. I wasn't born royal but, I was a royal guard. Along with Irene. Who is one of your maids. My husband name was Elwin. Strong, kind, caring, protective. We were married for so long. Our kingdom was beautiful surrounded by woods and creatures." I paused and looked down at my glass.

        "There was one day when he had to go fight a war against the Orcs. I was close to having our child soon. I hated that he had to go but, he told me he would come back to be with the both of us. Put, he never did. I was left alone heartbroken but, I kept strong for our child. Irene helped myme a lot." I stopped trying to hold back my tears." But, when it was time for my child to be born. I was able to hold him. He looked so much like his father but, he died within the few hours he was born. My whole life crushed down on me. The kingdom was beginning to me cover by darkness. I almost lost my life over my husband lost. Along with my child's. Orcs came,but they destroy the kingdom because we were out number. Irene and I decided it was best that now one beside the few of us that know went away. I ran off and hide in the forest near Shire." I finished my story. Thranduil looked at me in the eyes. "How old would he had been?" "He would of been about the same age as Legolas." "I'm sorry to hear that." I had a few tears in my eyes. I never really poured my heart out this much.

       He stood up from his chair putting his glass of wine down and moved to the side of my chair. I turned towards him looking up. He hands cups my face. Wiping away my tears. I held both his hand and smiled against his touch. After, claiming down for a few minutes and drinking wine too. He walked over to face towards the kingdom view. "I think we should kept this to our self for a while meleth." Thranduil said. "If you think we should." I responded drinking a little bit of my wine afterwards. "So you agree?" "Of course I do. I think it's for the best." I had to pour my wine in my cup since it became empty."Would you like some more?" He turned to face me."Yes I would. Thank you." I poured more into his glass. "Did you ever think that you would found love again?" I asked him. "No, I never thought I would." He took a sip of his wine. "Never thought I would either."  Time passed were I began to grow tired. From drinking the wine. Soon, I feel asleep with my head on the table.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a wonderful day!