Sleeping With Your Boss

INT. COTERIE - DAVIA'S LOFT - MORNING

The sun beams through Davia's bedroom window. The light hits her face as she squints her eyes open. She turns over, her back to the sun. Dennis is sound asleep next to her. Davia smiles, looking at him, remembering the events of last night. Dennis told Davia he loved her and Davia's heart starts to pound as she knows, now that Dennis' feelings for her have been reciprocated.

Davia quietly gets out of bed, careful not to wake Dennis as she walks to the kitchen. Alice is sitting at the table drinking her coffee.

INT. COTERIE - KITCHEN

DAVIA
Good morning.

ALICE
Hey.

DAVIA
How was your night last night?

Davia pours herself a cup of coffee.

ALICE
I got acupuncture at Trap Heals the other night so I can't complain. How was your night?

Alice takes a sip of her coffee. Before Davia has a chance to answer, Dennis walks out of Davia's loft and into the kitchen. Alice's mouth drops wide open as she looks between the two of them.

DENNIS
What?

Dennis raises his eyebrow, looking between Davia and Alice. Callie walks out of the communal bathroom, rubbing her eyes.

CALLIE
Morning.

ALICE
Oh it's a great morning.

Callie sits down next to Alice, giving her a skeptical look. Davia remains leaned up against the counter right next to the coffee maker.

Dennis walks over to the cabinets, grabbing a mug, and walking over to where Davia is standing next to the coffee maker. He places the mug under the coffee spout, his arm brushes against Davia's. Davia's heart starts to race a little at Dennis standing so close to her.

Malika walks out of her loft and sits next to Callie at the table.

MALIKA
Where's Mariana?

CALLIE
I don't know. I heard her leaving last night, but I didn't ask questions.

The three girls at the table begin their own conversation as Dennis leans against the counter, sipping his coffee next to Davia.

Dennis clears his throat, keeping his voice low.

DENNIS
So...

DAVIA
Hmm?

DENNIS
Do you maybe want to grab dinner tonight?

DAVIA
(smiles)
Yes.

Dennis smiles at Davia before he picks up his mug and walks towards his loft. Davia watches him leave, a light smile spreads across her face. Davia retreats to her own loft.

INT. COTERIE - DAVIA'S LOFT

Alice watches as Davia walks into her loft and gets up from the table following her. Alice lightly taps on Davia's door.

ALICE
Hey.

Davia looks over at Alice, raising her eyebrow.

DAVIA
Hey, what's up?

ALICE
You and Dennis were standing very close to the coffee machine.

DAVIA
We both like coffee. 

ALICE
You two were practically touching.

DAVIA
(smirks)
What? Are you going to stick a tape measure between us?