Back To Normal...Kinda

INT. COTERIE - MARIANA'S LOFT

Callie is sitting on Mariana's bed while Mariana walks out of her closet wearing jeans, a white graphic t-shirt, and a grey hoodie.

MARIANA
What do you think?

Callie looks over at Mariana, raising her eyebrow.

CALLIE
Since when do you wear glasses?

MARIANA
I'm taken more seriously when I wear them.

CALLIE
So does this mean your going back to work?

MARIANA
As much as I'm dreading it, I have too.

CALLIE
It's the right thing to do.

MARIANA
Really? Because I feel sick to my stomach.

CALLIE
Are you nervous about seeing Raj?

MARIANA
I mean yes, but I'm more nervous about seeing Evan since we...

CALLIE
Had sex?

MARIANA
Oh my god, not so loud please. Isabella could walk through the door any minute and I don't want her knowing anything about the Evan thing.

CALLIE
Do you really think she slept with Raj?

MARIANA
I don't know. I can't think about that right now, I need to finish getting ready and try not to barf up my breakfast.

CALLIE
Well good luck with that.

MARIANA
Gee thanks.

Callie laughs as she gets up from Mariana's bed and walks over to the door, letting herself out and heading off to work.

INT. SPECKULATE - GREEN ROOM

Mariana walks into the green room to find it strangely quiet and empty. She takes a breath, as prepares in her head as to what she might say to Evan. She walks over to her desk, setting her purse down.

RAJ
Mariana?

Mariana jumps, startled and turns around to see Raj standing in the doorway.

MARIANA
Raj, um hey.

RAJ
Sorry I didn't mean to scare you.

MARIANA
No, it's okay.

An awkward silence passes between them.

RAJ
How are you? Haven't seen you at work much.

MARIANA
Oh uh yeah. Things at the Coterie have been kind of... intense lately.

RAJ
Right.

MARIANA
I have a meeting I need to get too.

RAJ
Right, of course.

Mariana turns to her desk, grabbing a stack of papers. She nods at Raj as she walks out of the green room.

INT. LEGAL AID - CALLIE'S DESK

Callie sits at her desk, struggling to get her work done. Cary sits at his desk, watching and looking over at Callie.

CARY
How are those files coming?

CALLIE
Fine.

CARY
Really? Cause you seem distracted.

CALLIE
Don't you have files to work on?

CARY
Yes, but my lunch break starts in five minutes and I almost done with half my pile.

Callie turns back to her computer, holding her pen between her fingers, lightly tapping it against her chin. She sighs.