What's happening

Steph picks me up and hands me a packet of make-up wipes. I quickly wipe off my face and neck, and put the dirty wipes in a plastic bag. "What happened?" She asks. "I completely lost it. Coach said I could take a break. She doesn't want to see me the rest of the week." I say. "Alright. Mat called everyone over. Jack was over cause of the play Friday, so he leaves tomorrow." Steph says. "Oh." I say. It was all I could muster. We get home and I run into my room. I turn on some music to calm myself. I see shadows from the door, but I locked it so they can't come in.

"So tell me you love me
Even if it's hard.
Been sittin' here wonderin'
Where you are.
Are you out there thinkin' of me?
Am I near to your heart?
I can tell there's a distance
Pullin' us apart.

How are you so close
Yet you feel so far?
Am I even talking to ya
Or a ghost that has my heart?
Cause I need your full attention
So I can be the first to start.
I'd say that I love you
But I think we've grown apart.

Oh now we're just two ghosts
That once had each other's hearts.
Oh now we're just two ghosts
That have grown apart.

So now here's the hard part
Time to say goodbye.
No, there wasn't a reason,
Time has done it's time.

And there's no one to say sorry
No one to take the blame.
No, there wasn't a reason
No, there wasn't a game.

How are you so close
Yet you feel so far?
Am I even talking to ya
Or a ghost that has my heart?
Cause I need your full attention
So I can be the first to start.
I'd say that I love you
But I think we've grown apart.

Oh now we're just two ghosts
That once had each other's hearts.
Oh now we're just two ghosts
That have grown apart.

And you know you'll always love him
And that's what hurts the most.
Cause he left a little piece
And it's tied to this ghost.
And what once was
Hangs by a thread.
And you hurt because you know the thread can/Never be broken.
Memories stay
Though love faded away.
They say time will heal
But all it did was break.
All it did was break.

How are you so close
Yet you feel so far?
Am I even talking to ya
Or a ghost that has my heart?
Cause I need your full attention
So I can be the first to start.
I'd say that I love you
But I think we've grown apart.

Oh now we're just two ghosts
That once had each other's hearts.
Oh now we're just two ghosts
That have grown apart..."

I sit on my bed, turning off the music. I open the door after a while, and Nate falls in my room. "Sorry. I was listening." He says sheepishly. "Get Mark and Mat. Their Egos are the only one that's done anything major." I say. A bit later they come in. "Let's start with Mat first. Your Ego, you need to learn to control. He's taken over my teacher twice! You were both there during the show. You know the improv part that she did?" I ask. They nod. "That was MadPat. Being used to it I recovered my breath quickly. I... I didn't show anyone cause I didn't want you to worry but..." I pull up my jacket sleeve, to show them a wrist brace. "Steph had one my size. It landed awkwardly when Mad threw me. Now Mark. Your Ego's making me miss volleyball for a week. I got snappy at everyone and Coach found out about me demons since she knew Jack had them. Speaking of, can you bring him in here? With Nate so Anti doesn't try anything." I ask. They come in a bit after both if them walked out. "Your Septic Eye is coming out randomly you know." I say. He stiffens. "It came out during volleyball today. I could see everyone's weaknesses. Pretty helpful, but it sucks using demon powers. I glitch and the eye comes out at random times. I can usually feel it though, so it's easy to cover up." I say, then dismiss them from my room. I know they want to help me, and their technically the experts here, but part if me wants to keep my demons. Maybe they corrupted that part of me.  I glitch out of my room, into an unknown area. "What the heck? Where am I? A ranch?" I whisper. I try to glitch back to Steph's house but I'm too worn out. "I heard someone! C'mon! It was probably James!" I hear. That voice is scarily familiar. They run to where I am and look at me. "Unspeakable? What are you doing here?" I ask. "Well, I am playing Midnight Hide and Seek. Wanna join?" He asks. "Sure, I'll seek with ya." I say. "Here gave a flashlight." He says, tossing one to me. "What's your name?" Nathan asks. "Y/N. I'm MatPat's daughter. I-" I get cut off by a branch snapping. "Did you hear that?" I ask. "Hear what?" "A branch snapped. Follow me!" I say, running. I tripped over a branch and my sleeve was torn. "You alright? That was a nasty fall." Gabe said, worried. I get up, puting on my jacket to cover up the 'wound'. "UNSPEAKABLE!!!!" Nathan yells. I hear someone whisper "Merch." I run over to the sound. "Aw dangit!" I hear. "FOUND HIM!!!" I yell. I help him out of his spot. We walk over to the house where they started. "This round, James will seek. Start counting." Unspeakable says. I bolt it and find a tree that's nearly impossible to climb. I hide behind it, then glitch up there. They didn't give me a go pro headset, so I put it in a my pocket then went up. "Hey guys. I'm currently in a really tall tree. I can basically see the entire ranch. After a while, I could see that I saw the last one. "Alright, I'm the last one. Bear with me here, they won't find me." I say to the camera. "LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR!!!" James yells. "STATEFARM IS THERE!!!" I yell back. They run toward my tree. "There's no way. There's no freaking way." I hear Gabe say. "Are you in that tree?" Nathan asks. "Yes." I whisper. I rattle the branches a bit. "Come down! We can't climb it." James says. I glitch to where they can't see me. "Boo!" I yell. "Listen, I gotta go. My Parents are worried sick." I say. I walk off, and the second their not looking, I glitch away.