Pretend

I wake up at... AJ's place? I sit up, but get pushed down quickly and gently. I look at Gwen, and she seems to flinch, but still held me down. "Beware..." She sings. "The nightmares will feed off your silent screams." I say, hearing my raspy voice. "Why am I here?! Where are my parents?!" I ask. "Well, they said you needed to cool down. You'll be staying with us this week. Now, do you need help with make-up? You have to to school in about an hour." She asks. "Make-up for what?" I ask. "Well... Let's just focus on covering it up." She says. I grab a film theory shirt from the spare bookbag full of things I need. Gwen does my make-up, and I look in the mirror. I see my septic eye, and an insane gleam in the other eye. Gwen comes in with contacts, and helps me put them in. I grab my bookbag, tuck the black strand into my headband, and put my hair into a bun. I wave goodbye, and walk outside. I glitch to school once I'm out of sight. I look at the mirror in my locker, and smile. My canines looked sharper, but no one should notice. My eyes looked normal, and so did my face. Although, you could clearly see I was wearing makeup. I head into the classroom, and Mrs. Palos seems more peppier than usual. "Hey Theorist!" She says happily. "Hey. What's got you excited?" I ask. "I wanted to be the first to tell you. Each sports team needs to come up with a show. And your team chose you to lead it." She said, giving me a form. "I need to choose two songs, and it must incorporate everyone. Props and costumes will not be provided. Minor cussing is aloud." I murmur. "Hey slut, what's with all the makeup?" I hear Britney ask. "Not now Britney." I warn. "And why not? It seems like the perfect time." She asks. "Britney, cool it." Mrs. Palos says. "I asked a valid question." She says, trying to defend herself. "In a rude way. Apologize." Mrs. Palos says. "Did she ever apologize for stomping on your foot? Heck, did she get in trouble? No, because she's teacher's pet, and she could never do any wrong." She says mockingly. "You don't understand Britney. Mind your business." I say. "What don't I understand? That your a stupid ugly (B-word) that's looking for attention?" She asks. "Britney. Office. Now." Mrs Palos says. She storms off to the office, and Caleb, Nate, and Hayden come over and sit by me. "You do realize none of us care what you look like, right?" Hayden asks. "You would if I take off all the makeup." I mumble. "C'mon. It can't be that bad. I mean, it's not like your a real life Darkiplier or something." Caleb jokes. "Or Natemare." Nate adds. "I think AntiSepticEye would be the worst. He can glitch and stuff." Hayden says. "What about MadPat?" I murmur. "Oh yeah. Mad has access to a bunch of chemicals. He could probably make pass out if he can get close enough." Caleb says. I bring my hand to my neck, to cover the small scab from the syringe. "Never get close to an untrusted person that has a syringe. To be honest, it's scary to know that my dad actually knows where you want to poke somebody." I laugh. I feel Caleb take my hand off my neck gently. "You have a fresh syringe wound. Where'd you get it from?" He asks. "We had a sharp prop for an RE musical, and Gwen poked me with it." I lie. "You have contacts in too." Hayden observes. "This is what I get for talking to more than one Theorist at a freaking time. I'm wearing contacts because, well, I need em'." I answer. "For what? You don't wear glasses." Nate asks. "I need to cool it for a second. BRB." I say. I glanced over at Mrs Palos, who nods. I walk into the restroom, and look in the mirror. "Beware. The nightmares will feed off your silent screams." I sing softly. My features seem to soften, and I give a light smile. "Y/N? Y/N you in here?" I hear a familiar voice ask. "Yeah." I say, walking out to see the ever so lovely Adrianna Figueroa. I noticed she had a visitor badge. "I've already talked with all the staff and teacher's. They said I could stay with you today as long as I didn't help you cheat." She says. "Your such a cinnamon roll. C'mon Adri." I say, walking into class. "Class, we have a guest today, so I expect you to be on your best behavior." Mrs. Palos says. "Why is she coming in with the slut? I mean, she's just a weakling." Britney asks. Ooh ho ho ho that made me snap. Mrs. Palos jumped over her desk, I wish I was joking, and held onto one of my arms while Adri held the other. "Oh I'm so scared. It's not like you'll punch me. Your too kind." She says. I calm down, and walk to my seat. Where in the world is Veronica? I think, realizing that Adri was sitting in her seat. I hear movement, and look behind me. I grab Adri and get out if the way as Britney punches where I just was. "How are you so fast?!" She grumbles. She glances over, and smirks. She walks over and grabs Adri. Mrs Palos calls security. I grab her wrist, and in one swift motion, get her hand off Adri. "Why can't I break you?! You get angry, but two seconds later your calm again." She asks. "You can't break what's already broken." I answer. She gets taken by security, and I go through the rest of the day with Adri at my side. She even stayed for volleyball practice, which was really sweet of her.