Smoke x Male Reader

Series: Rainbow 6 Siege

Title: Be Yourself

Is it easier to put their name? Operator name? Or both? (Like below)

"Go talk to him." Seamus(Sledge) stated looking at his friend Smoke(James).

"I'd rather sit here and eat, don't want to embarrass myself." Smoke sighed picking at his  food.

"Hey Y/n!" Mike(Thatcher) yelled across the Cafeteria. He looked back and excused himself from talking to Mira and the others.

He jogged back to the table where the SAS Operators talked and ate.

"What's up?" He smiled cutely at the group. "James would like to tell you something." Seamus smiled elbowing James. "No I don't!" He defended raising his voice.

"Yes you do!" Mike yelled back. They continued arguing until Mira(Elena) yelled Y/n's name. "I should get going now, see you guys later?" He awkwardly smiled before going back to his table.

"That could've gone better." Mark(Mute) mumbled to himself as James slammed his head on the table.

"Chin up, there are other ways to get him to enjoy your presence." Mike smiled patting his partner on the back.

"Hey James!" Elena smiled walking up to the table. "Hey Mira." James softly smiled sitting up straight. "I noticed your failed attempt to flirt with Y/n." She smirked resting a hand on his shoulder.

"W-what?! No!" James stuttered, he wasn't normally the shy, awkward, nervous, type but ever since he learned you like males, he's been extremely anxious.

"Oh? Fine. Guess you don't want my help then." She shrugged getting ready to walk away.

"Okay okay! Please! You're his best friend, what do I do to make him like me?" James asked quietly.

She smiled at him and patted him gently, "Just be yourself." She stated before walking back to Y/n, her long hair following.

"That's the worst advice I've heard." Seamus sighed tossing a ball in his hand. "Look, you like this boy, right? Well you want to be a completely different person, do whatever it takes to make him like you." Seamus suggested as Mike shook his head.

"You want to be romantic and charming, not dull and mean." Mute added.

"Don't listen to them, they've never had a girlfriend before." Seamus laughed elbowing Mike.

"I beg to differ, I've had-"

"Anyways" Seamus started grabbing James and pulling him away from the table, "Assert your dominance, don't let him think of you as the lady, he's the girl in the situation, your the man act like one!"

(I'm so sorry, no offense!!! Pls don't hurt me :|)

James nodded slowly, he's never had a boyfriend so he didn't know how it worked.

"You need to make him show you respect." Seamus added, "Now go!"

James strode up to the table confidently where Taina(Caveira), Tina(Frost), Zofia, Elena(Mira) and Y/n talked.

He tapped Y/n on the shoulder roughly. "Yes?" Y/n asked looking at James.

"You, me, date, let's go." James ordered grabbing him out of the seat.

"What the hell, get off me." Y/n stated yanking James' hand off him. "Show me respect!" James stated bitterly.

Elena shook her head in dissatisfaction. "You don't deserve shit!" Y/n growled before turning away from James.

Everyone had their eyes on the pair, "Don't turn away from me." James yelled grabbing Y/n by the wrist.

As Elena was about to jump in, Y/n grabbed James' arm and put it behind his back, putting pressure on it, while slamming his abdomen into the table.

"Can't believe I ever liked you!" Y/n huffed before letting go of James and storming out of the Cafeteria.

As James went to follow, Elena stopped him, shook her head, and went to find Y/n.

All eyes in the Cafeteria were glaring at him, with death wishes. "Come." Taina(Caveira) suggested grabbing him and leading him out the Cafeteria.

As they reached her dorm they sat on her bed. "What happened?" She asked curiously.

"I-I don't know! Seamus said I needed to be assertive and-"

"You went wrong the second you asked Seamus for relationship advice, yes being assertive is attractive, but you hurt him, that's not okay." Taina explained with a frown.

"I know now, that was stupid of me." He mumbled his head in his hands. "You love Y/n right? He nodded slowly, "Then I shouldn't have to tell you where he is." She stated before walking away with a 'Good Luck'.

James started to remember, Olivier(Lion) once pissed Y/n off and he went to the training room to box.

As he made his way to the Training Room, he kept thinking to himself, 'What if he doesn't want to talk to me.'

Before he realized it, he was in the training room, where Y/n was punching the bag.

James smiled as he watched Y/n adorably beat the shit out of the punching bag.

James also admired him in his outfit, he was wearing a blue top that shown a lot of his stomach, and a similar blue pair of joggers that complimented his ass, his black fingertip-less gloves driving into the punching bag.

"What?" Y/n asked, as James was taken out of thought to realize, Y/n was looking at him with a stern look.

"You punch the bag pretty hard." James joked laughing a little, but Y/n's expression didn't change.

"I was pretending that it was your face." He smiled, then returned to his same serious expression, also returning to the punching bag.

"Actually I came to apologize, Seamus gave me relationship advice, and for some reason I took it, I'm truly sorry." James finished as Y/n stopped punching the punching bag.

He tried to suppress a laugh, but a giggle came out.

"What's so funny?" James laughed with a smile. "You took relationship advice from Seamus?" Y/n giggled again, this time holding his stomach.

"I thought you wanted a man, not me." James frowned looking to the ground.

"You are a man. What did Elena tell you?" Y/n asked standing on his tippy toes.

"Be myself?"

"Be yourself." Y/n smiled before kissing James on his lips.