7

[ THIRD POV ]

"Where are the balloons? I thought I bought some of those a couple of months ago?" Yoongi made a quiet gasp as he reached for the mop, sucked his teeth as he advert his eyes to the corner.

"Didn't you used them a few days ago to-" his hands slapped onto Yoonji's mouth before she could say anything. His sister sometimes tends to be very talkative when it comes revealing his dark secrets. One time, Yoongi went as far as to suspect her to dislike him, but it just turns out to be that she doesn't think much about it when she say something.

Muffled scoldings were heard but he kept his hands still until he made sure that their mom walked away from the room they were at. Yoongi made a relived sigh and patted his heart with his unoccupied hand. He turned to his sister, frowning.

"You don't have to remind me about that anymore, you know?" his hand went back to his sides, Yoonji pouted playfully. Her hands reached out and holded onto her brother's shoulders. Yoonji's sinister smile was formed on her face as she started to waggle her eyebrows. This bold movement of hers is very obviously asking for a really loud smack on the face.

"The fact that you used the balloons mom mentioned to -PFTT" her laughter filled the room while Yoongi stared at her with a straight face. Telling her through face that this is not funny at all.

"Shutt upp" he covered his ears when he finally can't stand her annoying laughing. "HAHA-So-HAHAH- how do you wanna tell mom that you used all of them?" she stopped laughing when she started to take pity on her poor brother. After all, getting rejected by his dream gal is gonna hurt at some point.

"I'm going out to buy them myself... I can't bare to tell mom about that day..." Yoongi pulled on his hair in frustration, the remaining memories of his embarrassing day came back flooding in his head again.

This girl that he confessed to is someone that transferred into his high school last summer. Her eyes glowing and smile mesmerising when she first walked into the classroom. Yoongi felt his world light up when he first talked to his girl. She was a beautiful, smart and rich young girl, not to forget that she transferred from Seoul to Daegu well.

She was pretty, of course. A pretty girl like her is bound to have a good looking boyfriend. That fall when Yoongi confessed with a bouquet of flower shaped balloons, she laughed and made fun of him. Laughing on how ugly he looked, how chubby he is. Even her friends that he didn't know was there the whole time came out from the corner and only propose is to make fun of him.

He went home that day and told his sister that he used all of the balloons to confess only to get rejected, nothing else. Yoongi doesn't want to see his sister bringing her pack of classmates and friends to beat the shit out of his so called 'crush'. His sister laughed and comforted him before walking away to make him a cup of hot chocolate on that cold day.

He moved on and that crush he had on her dissappeared the next day. He went to school that day to see her walking with the school's most handsome boy. Her clingy attitude towards them made Yoongi question himself why he even liked her in the first place.

The rest of his school days passed peacefully, chatting with his friends and calling Teahyung on the phone secretly in class helped him get over it. Until his own mother undirectly reminded him about his dark past.

"I'm going out now, make some kind of excuses to cover me." he took the keys and his slippers and dashed straight out of the house. Yoonji stood there at the door waving until their mom smacked her on the head and made her to prepare the table.

The trip to the toy shop was short and fast, since he basically sprinted his ass over here, it only took 4 minutes or less to reach the shop. The balloon section was crowed with children in pajamas as usual. Kids was poking at which kind of balloons they wanted as their friends nodded as if they could buy it for them.