Chapter 3

Katarina

December 31

There was a shift in the air. I felt a presence I couldn't decide to be good The crystal glowed, " Shit Kros is trying to reach me. I need to get out of here." I clasped my pendant and tried to stand up. I suddenly felt dizzy. I was in a club with Erin and Gareth, my boyfriend.

Everything around me seemed blur. The blasting music wasn't helping with the piercing headache that hit me. I was sure I only had two shots of zombie. I was bumping with every stranger on the dance floor looking for Gareth and every guy earned a "fuck off" whenever they tried to dance with me. Erin went to the ladies room.

I was about to call for Erin when I heard moaning and giggling from the closed cubicle.
" Are you sure she won't know?" The guy asked. It was familiar.

"Yes, I spiked her drink. She'll be sleeping like a baby when we come back. So please baby, continue to make me feel good. I want it hard and fast." The fuck! I couldn't believe what I heard. I was hyperventilating. I went to the bar and order three shots of tequila.

"Never shed a tear. Don't cry. Don't cry." I kept whispering to myself. I was literally shaking. The bartender looked at me worriedly and asked me if I was ok. I tried to smile and ask for another two shots.

"Oh there you are sweety." Gareth kissed my temple and smiled his dimples showing. He was the star player of the football team and a lot of girls were crazy about him and apparently my best friend too.

He was handsome with blue eyes and a hot body not to mention rich. He was never a player and didn't sleep around before we were together, not that I was aware off. I guess.

"Baby, will you come home with me?"
That brought me back to reality.
" I can't." I shook my head.

"What else do you want me to prove? You already met my family. We are about to graduate soon. Don't you see a future with me?" He sounded exasperated and whiny. The nerve of this guy.

There came Erin. God I wanted to slap that smile of hers. They were so lucky I couldn't use my powers or so help me God they would have been ashes where they stood. So I had to resort to the second best thing that I do. I counted to ten to find my Zen mode.
Calm and lethal.

I gulped my last shot then grabbed my bitch friend by the hair and slammed her head on the counter. Some by standers screamed. She didn't have time to react and was knocked out cold. The music died. We made a crowd but I didn't care.

I broke a bottle then pointed it to Gareth's neck. He paled.
"Baby, I'm sorry. Let's talk. She seduced me and told me it's a one time thing. Yo-you know how much I love you right?"

I didn't reply. I threw the bottle but pointed a gun to him instead. He was on the verge of tears.
" Tell me what I have to do for you to forgive me. Let's start over and leave this things behind us. Let me take you home. Danielle please. I'm sorry." His voiced cracked.

I stepped forward, the pointed gun unwavering then I whispered.
" Take her instead and don't ever show me your faces again or I will end you." I smiled sweetly at him

"But i-." Bang. I shot the roof unblinking then pointed at his chest this time. He wobbly walked towards the unconscious bitch and carried her out.

I fixed the damages in the bar after talking to the owner and gave him a little token of appreciation for not reporting to the police. A rare piece of diamond.

"Oh Ms. Cortez, you shouldn't have. Anyway are you interested in becoming a partner of my business?You can definitely come here anytime. I'd already listed you as one of our VIP's." He gushed while inspecting the exquisite gemstone.

"I'll think about it but for now I have to go. But before that." I turned to the crowd and shouted, "drinks are on me!" That earned gleeful cheering and whooping from the crowd.
I handed the bartender a handsome cash right after I slipped 500 on his chest pocket then winked.

"Marry me." He jokingly pleaded.

"I might. Jared". I laughed pinching his cheeks.

" Be safe going home, okey. You had like many shots I lost count." He sincerely stated.

"I'll be fine, I have this baby." I kissed my gun and smirked at him.

I sensed my crystal glowing and immediately rushed to the back door of the club.

" Get out of there now, Katarina!" Kros yelled in his panic stricken state.

~~~•~~~
VOTE
COMMENTS
SHARE

A/N

Heyy Guys! How are you doing. I hope you're all awesome and well. I would love it if you find time to leave some comments about my book.

Pretty please. Hahaha

Anyway be safe everyone.

Thanks for stopping by.

Love you all,

Jinny