{16} Alex in the Middle

(Your Outfit)

(Your Outfit)

(Y/N)'s POV

"So, why am I helping again?" I asked Max. He wanted me to stay after school and help him stop the wrestling team from throwing Eugene whats-his-face into the garbage can.

"Because I'm your best friend?" Max questioned, but after I raised my eyebrow he answered, "Also Justin is trying to find his secret admirer and I thought you might want in."

I nodded, "You've convinced me. Wrestlers, 3 o'clock!"

Max and I stood in front on the garbage can as one of them said, "Excuse us. We got a reservation for this garbage can."

"This one's full! There's a stinkier one upstairs," Max replied.

The wrestlers nodded to each other as Max waved, "See you tomorrow at 3:00, Eugene."

As the wrestlers walked away Max knocked on the garbage lid, nreathing out, "I don't know how much longer I can hold out."

Justin popped his head out, scaring me, saying, "I'm the one in the trashcan. My leg was asleep, woke up, and now it's asleep again! And I'm claustrophobic!"

"Someone's coming! Act natural!" I exclaimed.

"I'll act natural," Max replied and as a lunch lady came around the corner he announced, "Yep. Standing here, being natural, whistling." But Max can't whistle so it came out as sputtering.

We watched as the lunch lady dropped a note into Justin's locker and looked at each other in shock. "Oh my gosh!" Max exclaimed, knocking on the garbage lid, "The lunch lady loves you!"

Justin looked shocked, "That makes sense! My milk's always a little bit colder than everyone elses."

"What are you gonna do?" Max asked him.

Justin replied, "I'm gonna write her a letter and tell her of course I'm flattered and if I was 20 to 30 years older and out of options maybe our love could flourish."

I face palmed, "Smooth, Justin."

"Okay, let her down easy. You don't want warm milk," Max replied.

All three of us cringed at the thought of warm school lunch milk.

Back at the Waverly Sub Station, I was hanging out with Max and Justin

Back at the Waverly Sub Station, I was hanging out with Max and Justin. I had come over after finishing up some chores at home. I was drinking a (favorite/drink) when Max came out of the kitchen asking "Guess who I am?" He put on a hairnet and started talking high pitched, "I'm the lunch lady. I'm in love with Justin. Give me a kiss doll face."

Max then made a kissy face at Justin who leaned away from him and I was laughing. Then Coach Gunderson walked in and Max pointed it out as well asking, "Hey, why is Coach Gunderson here?"

"And why does he look mad?" I added on.

Coach Gunderson walked over to our booth asking, "Which one of you is Justin Russo?"

Immediately both brothers pointed at each other and I rolled my eyes and sip some of my (favorite/drink). Coach Gunderson then pointed at Justin saying, 'I think it's you! You don't shower after gym because you don't sweat because you walk the mile!"

Justin chuckled nervously, "Hey Coach."

"What are you doing writing love letters to my girlfriend the lunch lady?" Coach Gunderson asked. This caused Justin to drop his mouth open, Max hide his laughter and me to slam my head on the table.

"Uh, she was putting letters in my locker and I was just trying to let her down gently," Justin replied.

Soon enough, Mrs. Russo walked over and asked, "Uh, excuse me, what is going on here?"

"Your son is trying to tell me that he's getting love letters from my girlfriend the lunch lady!" Coach Gunderson exclaimed. 

Mrs. Russo looked confused, "The lunch lady? May I see one of these notes?"

"I have one," Max said, handing it to his mom, grabbing my hand and pulling me away towards the front counter. 

As we watched the tension diffuse between Coach Gunderson and Justin, Mr. Russo slipped in the kitchen and dropped some pies. Max, Justin, Mrs. Russo and I ran to help him and we saw that there was water coming from the freezer.

"I think the water is coming from the-" Max started but before he could finish Justin interrupted, "A leak! Something's leaking!"

Mrs. Russo turned to me and said, "Maybe you should start heading home (Y/N)."

"Are you sure you guys don't need any help?" I asked.

"It's fine, we can handle this," Mr. Russo replied.

"Okay, see you guys. Bye Max," I said, waving as I walked out of Sub Station, hoping that they get that leak fixed and wondering how it happened in the first place.

(A/N: Fun Fact about this episode, Mr. and Mrs. Russo tell the kids that Mr. Russo gave their Uncle Kelbo his powers in order to marry Mrs. Russo, who is a non-wizard. Max laughs at giving up his powers for a girl but I think his opinion changes not just with the canon finale but with the reader as well over time.)