{39} Hugh's Not Normous

(Your Outfit)

(Your Outfit)

(Y/N)'s POV

Tossing a soccer all up in the air as we laid in the grass in Central Park I asked Max, "So to distract your parents from destroying Alex's room, you destroyed your room?"

"It was a good plan at the time," Max replied.

I turned my head to him, "No, it's not."

Max turned to me, "Yeah, I did destroy my favorite lava lamp."

I laughed, "Good job."

We turned our heads back to look up at the clouds. After a couple of seconds Max pointed his finger at one, "That looks like a frog."

I chuckled, "Yeah, the one next to it looks like a koi fish."

After a couple of minutes, I got up and tossed the soccer ball to him, "Come on, a game of one on one?"

"You're gonna lose," Max replied as he caught the ball.

I shrugged, "Tough talk coming from someone with three losses to me."

"Ah, but I had two wins," He rebutted.

Soon enough we found a patch of grass with some trees to act as goals. We kicked the ball around, stealing and scoring against each other. But then the ball went over the hill and as I was running for it Max ran at me to causing us both to start falling down the hill. Almost instinctively he wrapped his arms around my waist as we both started rolling and tumbling down the hill until we stopped. Grass all over our clothes, in our hair, Max still had his hands around my waist as he asked, "Oh my gosh, (Y/N) are you-"

But before he could finish I started laughing, "I don't think we've rolled down a hill like that since we were kids!"

As I was laughing he started to laugh to and we were laughing for a while. As it died down I noticed that his arms were still around my waist, turning to face him, I whispered, "We should probably head home."

He nodded, "Yeah, probably."

I pushed myself up as his hands unwrapped from my waist and held a hand out to help him up. I walked over to where the soccer ball was. We stared at each other in silence before Max spoke, "That's three wins I have now."

My jaw dropped, "You did not win that round!"

"Oh yes I did!" Max exclaimed.

We argued about our game all the way back to the crosswalk until we went our separate ways. We said our goodbyes and walked to our respective houses as I tossed the soccer ball in the air. As I headed back up to my apartment, I groaned and held the soccer ball to my forehead thinking, 'Don't catch feelings for your best friend. It won't end well.'

(A/N: Mwahahahahahaha.)