{40} Don't Rain On Justin's Parade- Earth

(Your Outfit)

(Your Outfit)

(Y/N)'s POV

It was career day at school today so Max and I were trying to settle on a mentor like Alex and Justin. We were mostly there to just walk around and get free stuff like stickers.

Max tapped me on my shoulder, "Oh my gosh! There's one of the many singing policemen who does a lot of singing at ball games and stuff."

Max headed over to the table as I turned around to check out Harper's table.

"Hey (Y/N)! Interested in my career?" She asked.

I smiled, "Depends, what does it offer?"

She then went on to explain how she works for a fashion designer named Mr. Frenchy and how she helps keep his designed clothing clean for models and is sometimes consulted for designs. She handed me a pamphlet as Max came over to me.

"I'll see you later, keep up the good work!" I said to Harper.

Max walked up to me, "Hey! The police man sings and catches bad guys! Isn't that cool?"

I scoffed, "So do the lawyers in Legally Blonde."

Max shook his head as we headed to class, "You're funny."

(Your Outfit)

(Your Outfit)

Max and I were at the zoo dressed like two different seasons, he was in short sleeves like spring and I was in a sweater like winter considering the weather was on the fritz.

"So how did it go with that singing policeman?" I asked.

Max shrugged, "He lost his singing voice so he's just like all the other policemen. I can't have a mentor who can't do two things at once."

"So are we at the zoo to find a zoologist?" I asked.

He laughed, "No, we're here for a platypus. Half beaver, half duck, what more could you ask for?"

I nodded in understanding, "Okay, well can we get Dippin' Dots?"

Max smiled, "You read my mind."

I smiled as we headed for the Dippin' Dots cart, I asked for a chocolate and vanilla. I had max choose his and we walked around the zoo just checking out the enclosures until we came across the duckbilled platypus.

"So what is the coolest part about the platypus?" Max asked aloud.

"Well they're platypus' they don't do much," I replied.

Max cocked his head, "Isn't it platypi?"

I nodded as I ate my Dippin' Dots, "I think you're right."

As we stared at the platypi Max turned to me, "Who's your mentor?"

"I ended up mentoring with with an astronaut," I said.

"Really!" Max exclaimed.

I shook my head, "No. I wrote an essay instead. It's too early to think about these things."

Max nodded, "Yeah...want to go check out the lions next?"

I smiled, "Sure."

We linked arms and walked off to the lions and watched them eat their lunch and take naps. It was a good day.